m0use Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:52pm
post #1 of

Would you like an opportunity to intern with Duff? You could spend a ONE WHOLE WEEK with him!!!! Click on the link below for a chance to enter!
http://www.janemag.com/sweeps/aceofcakes/entry/long/

133 replies
aundron Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:57pm
post #2 of

Thanks for the link; I will be entering this contest!!!

tthardy78 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:01pm
post #3 of

I'm so going to register for this. I would give anything to win this.

imartsy Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:02pm
post #4 of

oh my gosh that would be sooooo awesome! I just pray a person really interested in cake decorating gets the internship and not just some random person who just thought it would be cool to enter! Man that would be a dream come true!!

cakecre8tor Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:07pm
post #5 of

count me in!!!

Bradymom6 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:09pm
post #6 of

Thanks for the info, I will definitely be entering this contest.
Bradymom

katy625 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:10pm
post #7 of

Wouldn't it be funny though that if you don't subscribe to the Jane magazine that they throw your information in the trash! You don't order......You don't go!! I don't want that Magazine so hopefully that isn't the case!

Monica0271 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:13pm
post #8 of

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif I just entered!! Oh my I would DIE, Faint, passout, hyperventlate, if I won...... icon_eek.gif

Imartsy I agree that someone thats into cakes wins.

Dang I wanna win.... icon_rolleyes.gif

all4cake Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:15pm
post #9 of

I would rather meet them all in a ordinary situation rather than a publicize encounter.

or if there was a publicize event where they all happened to be.

not one where I was a focus of any kind.

jmt1714 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:16pm

there are FCC rules prohibiting anyone holding a broadcast license (radio/TV) (and it also applies to print media if the contest is advertised on radio or tv) from requiring purchase in order to enter. Basically, there is a rule against a lottery (state ones are exempt), which the FCC defines as any game, contest, or promotion that combines the elements of prize, chance and consideration [i.e., payment or some sort].

http://ftp.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/contests.html

Monica0271 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:20pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt1714

there are FCC rules prohibiting anyone holding a broadcast license (radio/TV) (and it also applies to print media if the contest is advertised on radio or tv) from requiring purchase in order to enter. Basically, there is a rule against a lottery (state ones are exempt), which the FCC defines as any game, contest, or promotion that combines the elements of prize, chance and consideration [i.e., payment or some sort].

What do you mean by this? I am confused...

Wendoger Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:21pm

Yay! I entered! Sounds like fun to me!!!
icon_wink.gif

puzzlegut Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:34pm

I wonder if they'll pay for the person's airfare and lodging. And I wonder what they would think if a man entered the contest and won.

Wendoger Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:42pm

...I think Duff would love it more if a dude won! He's such a 'guy', ya know with all his tools and stuff icon_wink.gif

baker2699 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:44pm

Ok I entered but I don't see why we have to enter our income level... does it really matter?

moejoe Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:46pm

I just entered the contest too.

all4cake Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:53pm

the other stuff was optional information. you didn't have to enter your income level...lol

baker2699 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:03pm

lol.. ohh well now they know the truth that I'm broke haha

bethola Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:05pm

Form Submitted!!! I sure hope "I" WIN!! Let's face it....It's every man or woman for themselves! LOLL

BUT, if I DON'T win...I sure hope a CCer does!!

Didn't find a deadline, does anyone know that?

Beth in KY

all4cake Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:05pm

maybe that's a plus...

they'll have pity on ya...

lol

all4cake Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:07pm

deadline is when they make their quota on subscriptions...

j/k

no subscription required to enter either

jmt1714 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:18pm

[quote=
What do you mean by this? I am confused...[/quote]

Katy asked about whether your entry would be thrown out if you didn't buy the magazine - I was just saying why they couldn't do that

acookieobsession Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:22pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica0271

Quote:

She meant that you can't be required to buy the magazine to win the contest. It is a federal law that any contest that is publicized to the public must be open to anyone regardless of their customer status.

Thanks Julia

missyv110 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:24pm

grrrrr, only open to US residents. Oh well, good luck all you ccers, wouldn't it be a PARTY if one of our gang won it?

ape Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:24pm

The deadline was listed in the Official Rules section. Also the info about lodging and such!

CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!!!!!!

SILVERCAT Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:33pm

Good Luck to everyone that applies for it!

mommabear Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:36pm

OMG I was gonna fill it out but then thought about how much time I'd spend on the floor from passing out in disbelief! I'd be waayyy too nervous!!!
I seriously hope a CC'er gets it so we can hear about all the behind the scenes stuff they WONT tell us about.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!!!!

Monica0271 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 7:12pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by acookieobsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica0271

Quote:

She meant that you can't be required to buy the magazine to win the contest. It is a federal law that any contest that is publicized to the public must be open to anyone regardless of their customer status.

Thanks Julia

Ok thanks. I was confused dunce.gificon_lol.gif

BCo Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 7:30pm

If I won they would make out since I already live in the area, I'm only about 20 minutes away!!! LOL No plane, hotel or rental car needed!! I wonder if I could get the cash value instead!! J/K

My boyfriend and I were just talking the other night about how cool it would be to be able to be an intern for Duff!! I have to tell him I just entered a contest to actually be one for a week! Awesome!

Alison01 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 2:18am

I have been dreaming of doing this!!!!!!! I HOPE I win!!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%