Strawberry Buttercream

Decorating By divadane Updated 4 Jun 2014 , 5:57pm by divadane

divadane Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 11:01am
post #1 of 7

AI know BC keeps at room temp, but how long can I leave it out if I mix in fresh strawberries? I need it for Sunday... Would like to frost cupcakes Friday night. (The recipe calls for just butter, no shortening, in case that makes a diff in its freshness?) Please advise :) Thanks in advance!

6 replies
AZCouture Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 7

APersonally I wouldn't frost with that until Sunday morning. Even if it didn't have berries in it, that's too long for me, to expect them to be nice and fresh.

cupadeecakes Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 1:51pm
post #3 of 7

Agreed!  Fresh strawberries go bad FAST!  I never even buy them until the day before I need them.

divadane Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 7

AOk- frost Sunday morning it is! Thanks for the input.

divadane Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 5:48pm
post #5 of 7

AActually, one more thing- being that I am pressed for time, is it acceptable to whip it up Saturday night, put in fridge, then on Sunday am, bring to room temp, re-whip, and then frost?

AZCouture Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 5:53pm
post #6 of 7

AYou really can't get up an hour earlier and chop your berries or whatever you do with them? Your idea is probably ok, but I'd want to wait.

divadane Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 5:57pm
post #7 of 7

ALol A half hour earlier would be 4:30am.... So... I'm losing my enthusiasm about this little project and may just do plain bc. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%