How Would I Do This??

Decorating By skyy815 Updated 4 Jun 2014 , 9:45pm by kakeladi

skyy815 Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 2:26am
post #1 of 13

my sister wants this for her wedding. how would I get the embellishment on the 2nd and top layer? is it a fondant press rolling pin (sorry, don't know the term for it)? Thanks!

12 replies
MBalaska Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 2:35am
post #2 of 13

It looks like hand piping with royal icing.  My hand aches just looking at how detailed and beautiful it is.

DeniseNH Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 2:40am
post #3 of 13

It's so intricate that it must be an impression mat pressed into the fondant after it's on the cake then overpiped with royal.  Labor intensive to the max.

winniemog Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 3:26am
post #4 of 13

ASome people donate a kidney as a sign of their love for their sister.

I think that it would be easier and less painful to give up a kidney than to pipe this cake.....

Seriously.

RedneckRuffle Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 3:30am
post #5 of 13

A

Original message sent by winniemog

Some people donate a kidney as a sign of their love for their sister.

I think that it would be easier and less painful to give up a kidney than to pipe this cake.....

Seriously.

HA!!

-K8memphis Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 6:24pm
post #7 of 13

that was funny winniemog-- :lol:

but come on you guys-- piping can be fun! we have a big parking garage nestled downtown memphis called 'parking can be fun' and man, just saying it almost makes it so--

also i was just at my local cake deco place and geez the impression mats and stuff you can get now easy fricken peasy and inexpensive too--

keep repeating to yourself 'piping can be fun' ...'piping can be fun' ...

and you want to use a small bag of loose icing and that will help with a lot of the stress --getchoo one of those nifty impression mats--bam!

skyy815 Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 6:30pm
post #8 of 13

Thanks everyone!! gonna have to check into the impression mats!!! thanks sooooo much!

-K8memphis Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 6:33pm
post #9 of 13

and thankfully it's not on the largest tier--that counts for a lot

MBalaska Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 7:36pm
post #10 of 13

Ain''t that the truth.!    And I do love Buttercream and piping delicious puffs of icing, can't help my aging tendons though.

{Kate I used to do a lot of marvelous things that I don't even contemplate today, like running up stadium steps to get into shape or doing hundreds of sit ups}:?

cakebaby2 Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 8:59pm
post #11 of 13

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastrypet 

Is this it?

http://www.cakesuppliesdepot.com/TEXTURE-STAMPS-FLOW_p_751.html

Well done you!

-K8memphis Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 9:11pm
post #12 of 13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

Ain''t that the truth.!    And I do love Buttercream and piping delicious puffs of icing, can't help my aging tendons though.

{Kate I used to do a lot of marvelous things that I don't even contemplate today, like running up stadium steps to get into shape or doing hundreds of sit ups}:?

seriously! i used to work for a living -- hahaha

kakeladi Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 9:45pm
post #13 of 13

............must be an impression mat pressed into the fondant after it's on the cake then overpiped...........

Yes, this :)  Or it Could be the texture stamp.........basically the same thing :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%