Two Sided Wedding Cake

Decorating By kelly kakes Updated 9 Jun 2014 , 4:07pm by Mmmcake25

kelly kakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly kakes Posted 3 Jun 2014 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 16

hi can anyone help me please, i need help with making a two sided wedding cake using fondant i have never done this before so i don't really have a clue. Is there anyone willing to share ideas to create this? 

15 replies
ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 3 Jun 2014 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 16

What do you mean a by 2 sided?  That it has a front and also details on the back?

RedneckRuffle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedneckRuffle Posted 3 Jun 2014 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 16
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 3:02am
post #4 of 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly kakes 

hi can anyone help me please, i need help with making a two sided wedding cake using fondant i have never done this before so i don't really have a clue. Is there anyone willing to share ideas to create this? 

You're making a two sided cake using fondant. You've never done this before.....................

You've never made a wedding cake, or never used fondant, or never made a two sided cake?

MBalaska Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 3:03am
post #5 of 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedneckRuffle 

Do you mean one like this?

That is a rockin' awesome cake!! :D  is it buttercream or fondant?

RedneckRuffle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedneckRuffle Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 3:17am
post #6 of 16

AI don't know. Its been floating around the internet for a couple of months. Looks like fondant, ganash and dipped strawberries with R.I. piping.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 7:11pm
post #7 of 16

Awesome is right. What a fabulous idea! Five tiers, can anyone guess the sizes? Hey, let's turn this into a pricing thread. How much for that affordable cake?  :wink: 

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 7:13pm
post #8 of 16

ALol, that "interesting"cake has been making the rounds for [B]years[/B], thank God no one has ever had the budget for it when I've been asked.

AZCouture Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 7:14pm
post #9 of 16

ANo kidding Mimi! Totally budget friendly. Strawberries, chocolate, piping, ganache, totally cheap design.

MimiFix Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 7:15pm
post #10 of 16

AZ, will you make me one? My budget is in the "affordable" range. I'll pick it up so don't add in delivery charges.

MimiFix Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 7:17pm
post #11 of 16

Cut me a deal and I'll post it on my Facebook page. 

AZCouture Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 7:29pm
post #12 of 16

AOooh, you mean you'll promote me to other people who will want affordable luxury as well? Well sign me up, I'm all for providing you with luxury so I can eat macaroni! But the likes I'll get from people who won't buy my cakes will be soooo worth it!

MBalaska Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 7:32pm
post #13 of 16

Where is the OP?

thecakewitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakewitch Posted 4 Jun 2014 , 8:05pm
post #14 of 16

A

Original message sent by AZCouture

Oooh, you mean you'll promote me to other people who will want affordable luxury as well? Well sign me up, I'm all for providing you with luxury so I can eat macaroni! But the likes I'll get from people who won't buy my cakes will be soooo worth it!

So you can get more likes on your fb! :grin:

kelly kakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly kakes Posted 9 Jun 2014 , 3:43pm
post #15 of 16

MBalaska i have experience with fondant but its my first attempt  making a two sided cake. @ropalma yes.@RedneckRuffle yes something like that but i want to use only fondant. The color scheme is fushia, teal and orange. (she want something like the one on the right but with a little more details.

Mmmcake25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mmmcake25 Posted 9 Jun 2014 , 4:07pm
post #16 of 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 

Oooh, you mean you'll promote me to other people who will want affordable luxury as well? Well sign me up, I'm all for providing you with luxury so I can eat macaroni! But the likes I'll get from people who won't buy my cakes will be soooo worth it!

Hey now, Who doesn't like Macaroni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?? :?

That made me laugh so hard, thank you AZ!!!

I actually just had a friend who started making "cupcakes" say to me yesterday "Did you see how many likes it got? I cant believe it!".....I gagged a little and bit my tongue and just politely put a generic Smiley in response. My word......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%