Arbor Mist Buttercream

Baking By bakeforfun21 Updated 2 Jun 2014 , 9:15pm by cakebaby2

bakeforfun21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeforfun21 Posted 2 Jun 2014 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, everyone. I am looking for a recipe for buttercream that uses arbor mist as an ingredient. I love cupcakes. And I love arbor mist. I want to do a vanilla cake with arbor mist buttercream but I cant find a recipe. Does anyone have one?

3 replies
cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 2 Jun 2014 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 4

Arbor Mist like the wine?  I have been known to whip in liquors into my buttercream, (Baileys, Amaretto, etc) and I just add it in and whip to my regular buttercream.  Not sure if the wine would react differently or not, but that's a good place to start - just try whipping some in (unless someone else has a better / more experienced answer.)

bakeforfun21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeforfun21 Posted 2 Jun 2014 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupadeecakes 

Arbor Mist like the wine?  I have been known to whip in liquors into my buttercream, (Baileys, Amaretto, etc) and I just add it in and whip to my regular buttercream.  Not sure if the wine would react differently or not, but that's a good place to start - just try whipping some in (unless someone else has a better / more experienced answer.)

Ok. I will try that. Thank you. Do I just substitute it for the flavoring or add both?

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 2 Jun 2014 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 4

Could you make it like a syrup and whip it in? I make champagne buttercream for special occasions (dont tell anyone I use Cava instead) 1 cup Champers 1 cup sugar, simmer until syrupy cool add to bc...delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%