Hi, I have a few questions about substituting/adding to the WASC using BC box mix method. I have some ingredients from another cake mix that I want to use in the WASC instead of throwing it away.
1. I want to add the dry packet of tres leche milk mixture that comes in the DH tres leches box mix. ( It basically is sugar, & nonfat dry milk along with the stabilizers it seems like it is a dry pudding). I have read some reviews about people adding pudding to the WASC with good results. I need the cake to be somewhat on the dense side and to be able to carve it without falling apart. I am making a full sheet single layer cowboy shirt cake.
2. If I add the dry packet will the cake come out to crumbly?
3. Do I use 2 or 3 cake mixes for the Wilton 12x18 half sheet cake pan?
4. How do I get the buttercream a dark brown? ( customer does not want chocolate due to allergies and I have never done a dark brown with buttercream).
5. The vest pattern is that just little dots or the star tip smoothed out? (The shirt looks like the star tip not sure on the vest though).
lot from you all so any help with this is appreciated. I'm a bit nervous making this cake as I want it to come out great. Here is a picture of the cake the customer wants.