Pissed Off With Michael's

Decorating By bakeforfun21 Updated 1 Jun 2014 , 1:46am by kakeladi

bakeforfun21 Posted 31 May 2014 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 5

I signed up for Wilton Course 1 two weeks ago. I took my first class and they cancelled it last week. I called today to make sure we were still having it and they tell me they don't offer it anymore. I am beyond livid. I am getting a full refund but I was looking forward to that class. I spent a lot of money on the supplies. I went beyond buying the starter kit. I cancelled on time with my family so I could do this and they cancel it and don't bother calling to tell anyone. Sorry for the vent, I had to let it out.

4 replies
schnumvf Posted 31 May 2014 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 5

ADo you have another craft store in your area? Hobby Lobby or AC Moore? Sorry that they canceled it :( Maybe you could look into take the Wilton class on Craftsy?

mzteaze Posted 31 May 2014 , 8:21pm
post #3 of 5

You should either go on Wilton's website or google "cake decorating near me" (or use your zip code).  Both ways will help you locate available classes in your area.

Wilton's has classes at Michaels, Jo-Ann's Fabrics and other national craft stores.  But also check out local places because I found a boot camp style class in my area that taught the entire Wilton's series in one shot at a cheaper price than those found at the craft stores.

vldutoit Posted 31 May 2014 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 5

ATry your local community college in the continuing ed section.

kakeladi Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 1:46am
post #5 of 5

Oh that sounds soooooo much like what I (as a teacher) went through.  This was some 10-15 years ago.  Not sure if it's still that way or not but here is a bit of background that might help you.

Each store manager has(had) the right to decide if they will allow the class to proceed.  There usually is a certain # of students needed to make the class worth having.  As an example maybe the manager has decided there *must* be 4 or 6 or 10 students and your class only has 3, 5 or 9.  I had a store manager do that - on the 1st night there were 5 students (my start number) so the class was a 'go'.  On the 2nd night only 4 showed up and the mgr got mad that he had to pay me for 'only 4'.  *HE* would NOT go into the class and inform the students it was being cancelled, saying I had to.  Boy were they MAD at me!!   I was able to get most of them to understand it was not my fault but there were very, very upset.  Can you blame them? 

I do hope you can find somewhere to take the classes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%