Fondant

Baking By minions Updated 30 May 2014 , 8:58pm by cakebaby2

minions Posted 29 May 2014 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 7

i want to make fondant but i want a recipe that does not use glycerin. i dont want to make the marshmallow one.. does anyone have a recipe? 

also what buttercream fondant?

6 replies
MBalaska Posted 29 May 2014 , 11:09pm
post #2 of 7

without glycerine, you could try rolled buttercream.

ropalma Posted 30 May 2014 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 7

MBalaska I did rolled buttercream and it was a disaster.  It rolled fine but when I tried to lift it it just broke into pieces and just did not stay together.  It was a mess.  I decided to make decorations with it and they were shiny and very slimmy.Fondant covered and decorations

I made the dots for the outside of the cake.

MBalaska Posted 30 May 2014 , 8:06pm
post #4 of 7

What fondant are you currently using on your cakes in your gallery, & Why not continue to use the fondant that you have been using?

I agree with you about rolled buttercream.  That's what I thought when I first made it and tried it 15 years ago.    But If it's fondant, it will have glycerine in it.  Modeling Chocolate may be an alternative.

Here's a good thread about making fondant, that you may find useful information.

http://cakecentral.com/t/775913/ready-made-fondant-vs-homemade

minions Posted 30 May 2014 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 7

so there isnt really an alternative... damn

uhm i have never used fondant and i wanted to try it...

ropalma Posted 30 May 2014 , 8:57pm
post #6 of 7

I make Marshmallow Fondant and I am very happy with it,  Right now it takes me no time to put it together and I have found that the trick to not having a big mess is Crisco everything.  The bowl where the marshmallow goes in and the spatula to stir it and my "clean" hands when kneading.

cakebaby2 Posted 30 May 2014 , 8:58pm
post #7 of 7

Something has to make sugar flexible, what would you ideally like?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%