Wilton Tent Sale Starts Tomorrow

Lounge By kkmcmahan Updated 24 Jun 2014 , 7:49pm by AAPastry

kkmcmahan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkmcmahan Posted 29 May 2014 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 5

I'm thinking they will have a lot of their old fondant, I like having it on hand as backup for when I don't feel like making up fondant.  I tried the new Decorators Preferred fondant and it is much softer and melts into the icing.  I plan on stocking up on the old stuff.  It will be worth standing in line for!

4 replies
kkmcmahan Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 11:32am
post #2 of 5

So disappointed, they only had the DP fondant (which I did not buy) and they had very few of the cake boards and non of the boxes.  Certainly not worth the long wait in line.  Hope other of you have better luck getting what you want.

sha1col Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sha1col Posted 10 Jun 2014 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 5

AI went to the tent sale and got the DP fondant. I've never worked with it before. What is the reason that you didn't purchase it? I've made my own fondant in the past but thought I would give this a try. I was considering going back to get more, unless you know of a good reason why I shouldn't. I don't want to end up with a lot of it and it's horrible.

kkmcmahan Posted 13 Jun 2014 , 11:30am
post #4 of 5

I'm sure it just takes some getting use to.  It is too soft which makes it easy to get started; not much kneading.  It rolls out fine; I use the MAT and was afraid it would be too sticky but it wasn't.  It is just too soft on the cake and if you get it make it thin, which I usually do, it kinda melts around the bottom and tears more easily.  It tastes okay, better I guess, I just like the way the old stuff handles.  It was nice to have on hand when I didn't feel like making my own. 

AAPastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAPastry Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 7:49pm
post #5 of 5

The ONE thing I went there to look for, they didn't have (a 12x18" sheet cake pan). However, they were nice enough to give a 25% off coupon for the Wilton store since they didn't have what I was looking for, which was conveniently down the street.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%