Freezing Question

Decorating By KarenOR Updated 31 May 2014 , 4:32pm by johnbailey64

KarenOR Posted 29 May 2014 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 8

I posted this in cupcakes, but haven't heard back and I need to bake today. 

Looking for some expert opinions.   My daughter is having a party on Sunday.  Today is Thursday.  I have frozen cupcakes in the past and they have been fine.  With just three days, I'm not quite sure which will be best. 

Would you:

A.  Bake, frost and freeze for Sunday

B.  Bake, freeze and then frost later

C.  Bake and put in fridge with frosting.

D.  Bake and put in fridge without frosting.

E.  Other.

I am doing red velvet and a smores cupcake that is a graham cracker base with a marshmallow filling.   I haven't made either of these before, so I don't know how they will act.

Thanks!!

7 replies
MimiFix Posted 29 May 2014 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenOR 

Looking for some expert opinions.  

Would you:

A.  Bake, frost and freeze for Sunday

B.  Bake, freeze and then frost later

C.  Bake and put in fridge with frosting.

D.  Bake and put in fridge without frosting.

E.  Other.

I am doing red velvet and a smores cupcake... I haven't made either of these before, so I don't know how they will act.

For a recipe I have never made before, I would choose option E. First see and taste the results, then decide if the recipe is a keeper. If yes, then bake again choosing option A or B. Enjoy the party!

KarenOR Posted 29 May 2014 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks.  Let's assume that the cupcakes are going to be fine.  I don't have time to bake a test batch. IT's for a bunch of 12 year olds.  They won't care anyway.  How bad could they be?! :)

Given that, I guess it's to the freezer?   Should I fill?  I know marshmallow can be finicky.

MimiFix Posted 29 May 2014 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:

Thanks.  Let's assume that the cupcakes are going to be fine.  I don't have time to bake a test batch. IT's for a bunch of 12 year olds.  They won't care anyway.  How bad could they be?! :)

Given that, I guess it's to the freezer?   Should I fill?  I know marshmallow can be finicky.

Why bother filling the cupcakes? "It's for a bunch of 12 year olds. They won't care anyway."

thecakewitch Posted 29 May 2014 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 8

A

Original message sent by KarenOR

Why bother baking then if they won't care? Just buy it from the grocery, much cheaper.

KarenOR Posted 29 May 2014 , 5:34pm
post #6 of 8

Because anything from the grocery store is way more expensive for real ingredients and the cheap ones are kind of gross with the crisco frosting.

I want to bake them.  I've never baked anything that didn't work, which is why I'm not that worried about a test batch.  I'm not selling.  I'm just making them for my kid and her friends.  I'm sure they will be fine.  I want to fill them because I never do that and because they are S'mores and need marshmallow.

None of that was part of my original question about freezing. 

MimiFix Posted 29 May 2014 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:

None of that was part of my original question about freezing. 

Ah, yes. One of the wonderful side benefits to posting on CC - we get way more (ideas, suggestions and help) than we originally expected.

johnbailey64 Posted 31 May 2014 , 4:32pm
post #8 of 8

Let us know about how the freezing worked. :-) Please share.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%