Mini Cake Help!

Decorating By 3nab Updated 29 May 2014 , 10:51am by cakebaby2

3nab Posted 29 May 2014 , 7:20am
post #1 of 10

AHey,

I have an order to make 150 mini one serving cakes, how do I ensure same size and height? Any ideas how to go about with this? I am thinking of using the perfect brownie pan, anyone tried to make a cake in that? Would it work out ok?

Thanks for the help in advance :)

9 replies
cakebaby2 Posted 29 May 2014 , 9:28am
post #2 of 10

Just a homebaker so feel free to ignore but I would weigh the filled pans to ensure uniformity and obviously use tight same size pans. In the UK a company called Lakeland sells what looks like a sheet pan with dividers, is this what you mean?

bubs1stbirthday Posted 29 May 2014 , 9:49am
post #3 of 10

I think you had another post regarding these cakes and someone recommended that you use a ruler or tape measure for uniformity????

cakebaby2 Posted 29 May 2014 , 9:52am
post #4 of 10

Now thats a good idea. I suppose you could just bake a big sheet cake and then cut.

3nab Posted 29 May 2014 , 9:57am
post #5 of 10

AThanks for the help cakebaby2 and yes the brownie pan is a sheet pan with dividers, any idea if that would work fine with cake?

bubs1stbirthday, no this is my first post on this.. Using the ruler to measure and cut sounds good but would the ends be sharp and look good?

Nadiaa Posted 29 May 2014 , 10:01am
post #6 of 10

ASomeone is doing the same thing as you! http://cakecentral.com/t/776599/cake-squares#post_7520562

cakebaby2 Posted 29 May 2014 , 10:03am
post #7 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3nab 

Thanks for the help cakebaby2 and yes the brownie pan is a sheet pan with dividers, any idea if that would work fine with cake?

bubs1stbirthday, no this is my first post on this.. Using the ruler to measure and cut sounds good but would the ends be sharp and look good?

As my dad would say "measure twice cut once" if you did that it should be fine. I'd be tempted to use the brownie pan and measure the batter for each accurately with say an ice cream scoop if you couldn't weigh individual pans. Good luck!

3nab Posted 29 May 2014 , 10:06am
post #8 of 10

A[@]Nadiaa[/@]Oh wow thank you :)

And thanks heaps [@]cakebaby2[/@] for all your help!

bubs1stbirthday Posted 29 May 2014 , 10:45am
post #9 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3nab 

Thanks for the help cakebaby2 and yes the brownie pan is a sheet pan with dividers, any idea if that would work fine with cake?

If you are using a filling that can be frozen why don't you split/fill/freeze then when still partly frozen measure and cut? This should help with keeping the edges of the pieces neat.

cakebaby2 Posted 29 May 2014 , 10:51am
post #10 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubs1stbirthday 

If you are using a filling that can be frozen why don't you split/fill/freeze then when still partly frozen measure and cut? This should help with keeping the edges of the pieces neat.

This is why I love this site, great tips and advice, and if the OP bought that cute little gadget on amazon she could have the cakes done in jig time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%