Lf A Davinci Of Cake Toppers

Decorating By adntigger710 Updated 30 May 2014 , 7:27pm by cupadeecakes

adntigger710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adntigger710 Posted 29 May 2014 , 5:37am
post #1 of 6

Hello all! 

I'm new here, I dabble (horribly!) in decorating, but I've just hit a bump on something and hoping any of you might be able to help me out on this. My daughter is turning 2 this august, and I've fallen absolutely in LOVE with Biscuit Da Pati's style of figurine sculpting... http://bit.ly/1wpmZ7Y . I'd love to order from her, but her being in Spain is making it QUITE cost prohibitive due to shipping costs. Do any of you know (or are any of you) an artist/decorator based in the US that has sculpedt in this style? They are just so incredibly cute =) If you could make any recommendations for me, or send me somewhere I might be able to get further assistance on this, I'd be hugely appreciative.

Thanks everyone!

5 replies
cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 29 May 2014 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 6

That is adorable, why dont you click on tutorials and type gumpaste figurine into the search bar and have a look at something YOU could maybe do?

How lovely for your wee daughter to have something mummy made for her birthday.

You go girl...have a go. x

anaelisabethlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anaelisabethlee Posted 29 May 2014 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 6

AI thought she was from Brazil. Or at least the name is Portuguese, not Spanish. I'm with cakebaby2, I bet she'd love something you made.

adntigger710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adntigger710 Posted 30 May 2014 , 6:34am
post #4 of 6

Yes, Brazil! Haha, sorry -- I was booking a trip for my boss to Spain prior to posting so guess it was on the brain!

I'd love to make something myself but I am VERY new to this and it just wouldn't fit. I actually work for an international art company, so I know art when I see it -- and I certainly don't have anything near that kind of talent yet. I'm thinking around age 5 she'd be old enough where we could actually make something together =) And no, I can't commission artists to make a sculpture for my daughter's 2nd birthday -- I wish, lol!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a US based cake/sugar artist that might be great at this? 

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 30 May 2014 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by adntigger710 

Yes, Brazil! Haha, sorry -- I was booking a trip for my boss to Spain prior to posting so guess it was on the brain!

I'd love to make something myself but I am VERY new to this and it just wouldn't fit. I actually work for an international art company, so I know art when I see it -- and I certainly don't have anything near that kind of talent yet. I'm thinking around age 5 she'd be old enough where we could actually make something together =) And no, I can't commission artists to make a sculpture for my daughter's 2nd birthday -- I wish, lol!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a US based cake/sugar artist that might be great at this? 

Lol, so sorry, I guess I don't know art when I see it, I saw a gorgeous ping pong ball of gumpaste on a stick with a draped fondant cloak and edible pen features (adorable and cute).

I sincerely hope some of our US friends can take this opportunity?

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 30 May 2014 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 6

i would try searching for toppers on Etsy.com - Lots of custom topper makers advertise there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%