Final Cake Of Wilton Course 3 Lesson 4

Decorating By Aquagirl63 Updated 29 May 2014 , 6:48pm by Sassyzan

Aquagirl63 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aquagirl63 Posted 28 May 2014 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 7

AHi all!!

Well yesterday we completed course 4 lesson 4!!!!

I was very pleased with my First ever attempt at putting fondant on a cake and decorating with freshly made flowers!

Tuesday we start course 4 adv. Gum paste flowers. [ATTACHMENT=1704]20140527_123117.jpg (1,899k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

6 replies
DanaG21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaG21 Posted 28 May 2014 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 7

Great job - square cakes aren't the easiest!  Nice colors!

Aquagirl63 Posted 28 May 2014 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 7

AThanks Dana!! I was so scared to make a square cake instead of a round one like my classmates. But I wanted a challenge and lucky for me it worked out!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 May 2014 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 7

Very nicely done :)

As a (hopefully helpful) hint, I'd like to see some of your flowers (especially the callas) rolled thinner.

Aquagirl63 Posted 28 May 2014 , 9:58pm
post #5 of 7

AHi Kakeladi

I will work on the callas and thin them out and send them to you.

thanks for the tip. Always welcome and helpful

peppercorns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peppercorns Posted 29 May 2014 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 7

A

Original message sent by Aquagirl63

Hi all!!

Well yesterday we completed course 4 lesson 4!!!!

I was very pleased with my First ever attempt at putting fondant on a cake and decorating with freshly made flowers!

Tuesday we start course 4 adv. Gum paste flowers. [ATTACHMENT=1704]20140527_123117.jpg (1,899k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

wow, you did very well, keep your pictures, continue practicing and then periodically compare pictures,you will see your skill developed.

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 29 May 2014 , 6:48pm
post #7 of 7

AYay! That's such a fun course, isn't it? Beautiful job.

One tip I have is for when you're using cutters. If you can get those jagged edges off your fondant, your flowers will look much more polished. One way to get them clean is to try to get the gum paste to stick in the cutter, flip it over, and run your finger around the edges of the cutter. This helps rub those jagged edges off. I think the wilton cutter set for this course is kind of notorious for not cutting clean edges.

But I love the cake. Seeing all those flowers piled up on there...it's just a very happy cake to me! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%