Business Help In Oklahoma

Business By ranidae Updated 30 May 2014 , 2:40am by MadiCake

ranidae Posted 28 May 2014 , 12:21pm
post #1 of 5

I want to start selling cupcakes and a few custom cakes at my home under the new Home Bakers Act to supplement our income. I can't see making more than a couple of hundred a month. Does anyone know if I need a sales tax permit or a federal tax ID.


4 replies
MadiCake Posted 30 May 2014 , 12:59am
post #2 of 5

The last time I checked the act, you didn't have to have an id or anything. You just have to put on the packaging in a certain format that the cake/cupcakes are homemade, your address, phone, etc. The cakes must be picked up from your home.

They are working on a new act to charge a fee for a license AND have your home inspected before you can sell...but I haven't heard that it has been passed yet or anything!


Also, you don't have to have a tax id or any of that unless you are making over $20,000

bikemom3 Posted 30 May 2014 , 2:33am
post #3 of 5

AYes if you are selling a product you need a tax ID. It's very easy to get and can be done online at You will also find links for free business workshops. And the amendment SB1915 did not pass

MadiCake Posted 30 May 2014 , 2:37am
post #4 of 5

Here is the link to the information that I believe is correct.

MadiCake Posted 30 May 2014 , 2:40am
post #5 of 5

Here is another one just in case that one wasn't as informative.

Quote by @%username% on %date%