Agbay

Decorating By Not Just Baking Updated 23 Jun 2014 , 12:51am by Not Just Baking

Not Just Baking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Not Just Baking Posted 16 Jun 2014 , 12:03am
post #31 of 40

Thank You Everyone for your responses. I am in the beginning stages of my cake business and have purchased alot of tools to make it easier for me to include  2 Kitchen Aid Stand Mixers (my family surprised me at Christmas with the professional series mixer after I had purchased the Artisian), Fat Daddio Round,Hexagon, Square Cake Pan Sets(6,8,10,12,14 by 3 inch depth BTW I tried Magic Line but I feel in love with Fat Daddio), sheet cake pans, tons of decorating supplies, and I recently had my kitchen remodeled and bought a Double Oven. Also, purchased all 3 different Wilton Cake Levelers but they seem to not be as effective in leveling and torting after awhile. Recently, I made a wedding cake and I was so upset with uneven layers, time rebaking and fixing, not to include leveling. This is how my research for a more professional cake leveler started and I discovered the Agbay on Cake Central. The positive reponses were UNANIMOUS. My Customers are picking up and I want that to continue. So if the Agbay Cake Leveler will give me the results of level even layers  then its THE AGBAY as i dont have a steady hand to use a knife. So with that being said, I have decided to purchase the 20 inch Double Blade Agbay so I will not have to upgrade or repurchase in the future! Thanks again everyone!!!

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 16 Jun 2014 , 12:11am
post #32 of 40

Been following this thread for awhile, congrats on your purchase, I am so jealous right now!

Not Just Baking Posted 16 Jun 2014 , 1:17am
post #33 of 40

Dont be jealous! Just work hard and save until you save enough for the Agbay. That is what I have done. I cant wait for it to arrive and me to use it. I'm working on my website so I want level cakes and beautiful pictures to be displayed. Thank you for following the thread and commenting on it as well. I will keep you updated on how it works.

enga Posted 16 Jun 2014 , 1:39am
post #34 of 40

You're welcome, lol, I was just kidding. I saw the video and how it glides effortlessly through the cake. I have had so many cuts from using a knife (moving too fast) to slice through frozen cakes. I would be nice to have one, I'll keep saving ;-D

Good luck, I look forward to the updates.

mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 16 Jun 2014 , 1:46am
post #35 of 40

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzteaze 

I found a $4.99 "cake leveler" which holds my knife at different preset levels. I am working with a less generous budget than howsweet suggested. But hope springs eternal that a $10 used Agbay pops up on Craigslist.

Is this what you are referring to? Because this is what I use all these while and I am happy with the outcomes so far. Mine is white and green. They come in a pair, you put one at each end of the long knife and level your cake in between.

mzteaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mzteaze Posted 16 Jun 2014 , 1:48am
post #36 of 40

That is exactly what I purchased.  The ones I received were also a different color but the same device.

Not Just Baking Posted 16 Jun 2014 , 7:37pm
post #37 of 40

i knew you were joking. I emailed Maureen from Agbay last night and she replied. She is such a professional business woman. I debated so long about wether to spend this much on a cake leveler put after being feed up with lopsided cakes, not having a steady hand to use a knife, wanting my cakes to look as professional as they could be and all the great feedback, I had to dive head first. I believe in my heart, I made a great decision. Now, I have to get my Cake Studio (goal is to have it all completed by August 15, 2014) together as all my tools of the trade are taking over my kitchen!! LOL! Thank you for replying. I really didn't think anyone would until I stumbled over the responses last night!!! Silly me.

enga Posted 16 Jun 2014 , 7:51pm
post #38 of 40

You did make the right decision and you will have beautiful perfectly level cakes to prove it. Haaa haa, I know what you mean, I now longer have a living room and dining area. I closed my shared commercial kitchen and brought all my equipment home, so you can imagine what it looks like! Taking my time to map out a new location as the one I found didn't work out. 

Good luck with your cake studio, keep us updated!

Not Just Baking Posted 17 Jun 2014 , 3:13am
post #39 of 40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not Just Baking 

i knew you were joking. I emailed Maureen from Agbay last night and she replied. She is such a professional business woman. I debated so long about wether to spend this much on a cake leveler but after being feed up with lopsided cakes, not having a steady hand to use a knife, wanting my cakes to look as professional as they could be and all the great feedback, I had to dive head first. I believe in my heart, I made a great decision. Now, I have to get my Cake Studio (goal is to have it all completed by August 15, 2014) together as all my tools of the trade are taking over my kitchen!! LOL! Thank you for replying. I really didn't think anyone would until I stumbled over the responses last night!!! Silly me.

Not Just Baking Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 12:51am
post #40 of 40

I recieved my Agbay Double Blade Cake Leveler on Wednesday and because of me being so busy this week, I just opened it up today. It was packed well and it is so lightweight. The extra bounus was Maureen Agbay taking the time to sign my invoice and writing a little thank you note. This means alot to me as I am  HUGE on Costumer Service! Can't wait to use it. I will keep you all posted and thank you all for your recommendations to purchase this much needed cake tool.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%