Airbrush Colors Shelf Life

Decorating By daprincessnora Updated 28 May 2014 , 7:53am by daprincessnora

daprincessnora Posted 26 May 2014 , 5:40am
post #1 of 3

Hello Ladies,

I have Americolor airbrush colors for 2 years now and I'm keeping them refrigerated; the thing is the expiry  date is not mentioned on the bottles neither the box..do you have any idea of the shelf life of those colors? I'm afraid if I continue using them they might cause any harm to my customers

Thanks 

2 replies
cazza1 Posted 26 May 2014 , 7:01am
post #2 of 3

Why don't you try contacting Americolor.  They should be able to help you.

daprincessnora Posted 28 May 2014 , 7:53am
post #3 of 3

AThanks @cazza1 I did and they replied as below:

Hi Nora,

Thank you for your interest in AmeriColor! We guarantee the majority of our products for 2 years from the date of manufacture. The shelf life is not stated because Food Color does not expire. I have attached our lot code letter so you may determine when the product was made. If the product is stored well, it will be good for use for several years. Be sure the cap is kept on tightly, keep out of direct sunlight or artificial light, and store in ambient temperature. Storing in the refrigerator is great as well. If the item is several years old, always test the food color by coloring a small amount first. If it is the desired shade, and it has been stored well, it is not harmful if consumed if it is several years old.

Best Regards,

Melissa Orosco AmeriColor

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%