Sugar Flowers

Business By Analisa Updated 1 Jun 2014 , 1:40pm by Analisa

Analisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Analisa Posted 23 May 2014 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 6

Hi!

I'll appreciate any advice and suggestions..... When selling a cake with sugar flowers, are there any particular suggestions to give to the customer as to what to do with all those gorgeous and expensive sugar flowers after the fact? People don't really eat it and it's such a waste. This has been my biggest hindrance with starting to offer sugar flowers BUT they're so pretty! Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :smile: 

5 replies
cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 30 May 2014 , 11:06am
post #2 of 6

As long as they've paid for them its not a waste whatever happens to them. Many brides keep a spray under a glass dome as a memento and give some to the bridesmaid the two MIL and any elderly aunties grannies etc

At a wedding I attended last year the bride went around with them on a little platter handing them out to special people

Others will beak in the kitchen and end up in the bin. But as long as you've been paid for them they've done their job. x

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 May 2014 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 6

From my experience over the yrs if there are kids at the wedding/event they will have great fun eating them :)

What the other poster said is also true. 

klan30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klan30 Posted 30 May 2014 , 7:58pm
post #4 of 6

I like to provide a box with tissue paper so they can take them home and place them in a vase or whatever they want.  I usually only do this with wired flowers that aren't stuck to the cake with royal icing.

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 30 May 2014 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 6

There will always be a sentimental bride (thank God) who wants a memento of her big day, and the bride to whom "waste" is no object....and thank God for her too.

Analisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Analisa Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 1:40pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks. You're right. I just want to provide the fullest service to them as possible. :D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%