I Don't Know The Name Of This Tool! Please Help?

Baking By jesuisloup Updated 22 May 2014 , 7:28am by IAmPamCakes

jesuisloup Posted 21 May 2014 , 11:03pm
post #1 of 9

Hi, I worked in a production bakery for a little while and there was this tool they had that resembled a bench knife, but it was longer so that when they used to to cut brownies/blondies it was able to reach each end of the pastry for quick and accurate cutting. Does anyone know the name of this utensil??

8 replies
jesuisloup Posted 22 May 2014 , 1:15am
post #3 of 9

AThanks for the reply! Hmm, it might be but with the two handle style. Thanks for the suggestion!

MBalaska Posted 22 May 2014 , 2:00am
post #4 of 9

There are also two handled knives.

enga Posted 22 May 2014 , 2:09am
post #5 of 9
jesuisloup Posted 22 May 2014 , 5:37am
post #6 of 9

AMBalaska is absolutely right!! I'm so happy :)

MBalaska Posted 22 May 2014 , 6:37am
post #7 of 9

It is only needed to cut my homemade caramel candies and fudges, bought it just for that.

IAmPamCakes Posted 22 May 2014 , 7:27am
post #8 of 9

AIn my production kitchen, we actually use a cheese knife. It's long, and has two handles. Great leverage, super sturdy blade. I love that thing. Lol

IAmPamCakes Posted 22 May 2014 , 7:28am
post #9 of 9

AIt's a straight blade, too. Not curved, like a mesaluna (sp?).

Quote by @%username% on %date%