Firstly thanks again for providing a space for persons interested in honing their cake skills to grow :)
I have an FC Barcelona themed cake coming up but can't seem to find any cutters...rollers...silicone molds for the FCB logo...can anyone point me in a direction?
This is just an idea if you are interested in making the logo without a cutter.
1. Find a picture of the FCB logo on the internet and print it out to the size you want.
2. Then trace it onto a piece of parchment paper with a pencil.
3. Flip over the traced image (so you have the underside or the mirror image facing you) and trace over the
logo again with a pencil.
4. Roll out your fondant (should be white) to a thickness anywhere between 2-4 mm. You can knead in a little
tylose/cmc powder into your fondant first to ensure that the cutout dries really hard.
5. You can cover the surface of the rolled fondant with a little crisco if you like. This helps the traced image to
stick better on the fondant while you trace it. Place the traced image (right side up) on your piece of rolled
6. Use a scriber very gently to trace over the image. When you take away the parchment paper you should now
have a light pencil image of the logo on your piece of fondant.
7. Let the fondant dry for maybe a couple of minutes (maybe 10 min..this makes it easier to cut out the image
without the edges getting distorted). If you get any rough edges, use a little crisco and rub gently with your
finger to make them smooth.
8. Use a very good hobby knife (like an xacto knife) to cut around the image.
9. Leave the cutout of the logo to dry completely (maybe a couple of days).
10. Use petal dust colors and a DRY paintbrush to color the cutout. Use a fine paintbrush and very little color at
a time to do the edges first and then add more color to get the shades you want. You run the risk of having
colors in unwanted places if you use a large paintbrush at the beginning with a lot of color. Don't ask me how
I know this :)
If you don't want to have a pencil image on your fondant, then skip step 3 and simply trace the logo on to the piece of fondant with a scriber instead. You wil get a sligt indentation in the fondant to help you with cutting it out and coloring it.
(This is how I made Ariel, the dolphins and all the other sea creatures in the pictures I have uploaded here on CC).
Good luck with your cake!