How Do I Re-Create This Look?

Decorating By NCcakeMom Updated 20 May 2014 , 9:38pm by NCcakeMom

NCcakeMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NCcakeMom Posted 14 May 2014 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 3

I've been asked to do a cake like this in buttercream

. I have been decorating cakes for 15 yrs just not one as detailed. My 1st guess is to use royal for the piping BUT I am worried about breakage during transport. Which would be best? Also, I normally transport tiers separately and assemble on site. This cake looks as if it needs to be assembled due to the design? I can't decorate on site. It will be outdoors etc. Any tips tricks or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm lacking confidence on this project :/ which is totally out of the norm for me!! Thank you in advance!!!

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 May 2014 , 12:21pm
post #2 of 3

i mean that could be all buttercream and assembled before or after delivery--i think the intracacy of the design is throwing you--it's perfectly doable--

the 'being outdoors' part mean it's likely it will melt if it's hot but...

NCcakeMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NCcakeMom Posted 20 May 2014 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 3

How much of this is impressed & how much is free hand? I am planning of starting with impressions and over piping adding embelishments along the way. I have blown up the pic to try and get the feel for the style and will try to get as close as possible to the design. My brides main concern was that this reminds her of her style wedding dress, not the exact pattern. Thank you for your comment!!! You are right! I know I can do this just haven't done this much piping in a while..... Really wanting it to be great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%