Miffy Cake

Decorating By Newbie7 Updated 13 May 2014 , 9:17pm by mattyeatscakes

Newbie7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newbie7 Posted 13 May 2014 , 1:51am
post #1 of 4

I had decided on a Miffy theme for my daughters 1st birthday and when I saw this in the gallery I fell in love with it! So beautiful. I tried to message the maker of cake but have not heard anything so thought I would throw it out to the forum.

As I am quite new to decorating I would like to ask a couple of questions.

What are the names of the cutters for hedge look at bottom and the larger flowers?
Would it be better to make Miffy fiqure and ladybugs from gumpaste or fondant with tylose? Which is best if made in advance...approx 2 weeks ahead.
I think the flower stems are fondant covered dowel? Do you think flowers are attached with royal icing? 
Tips for the bunting?? would you free cut the triangles?
Any other tips to create a masterpiece like this would be great!

Also if anyone has any names of moulds for little bows to put on small miffy cutouts on cupcakes?

3 replies
whiteangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whiteangel Posted 13 May 2014 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 4

Cutters look like clouds and daisy.  I always use 50/50 of fondant and gum paste for cut outs.  Or just add some gum-tex or tylose to your fondant.

Fondant/gp on a dowel for stems.  Attach flowers with the same mix, just with a bit of water to help it bond with the flower so it doesn't slide on through.

Your figurines once made will last forever! 

I would cut out a triangle on paper to use as a guide so they are all the same size. 

Looks very sweet and cute for your punkin's 1st birthday!!!

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 13 May 2014 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 4

I made a version of that cake for Easter, it is in my photos. I used a large flower cutter for the hedges and cut them in half. Made a template for the bunting and attached the flowers to the stems by a flap of gumpaste on the back, blended over the stick.

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 13 May 2014 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 4

AThe hedges are made from the medium or large 5 flower petal cutter then halved and attached to the cake.

The big flowers on the stick are made from rose petal cutters. Then the small flowers are from the small daisy cutters.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%