Whipped Cream Icing As A Filling??

Decorating By whiteangel Updated 13 May 2014 , 1:05pm by whiteangel

whiteangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whiteangel Posted 13 May 2014 , 12:43am
post #1 of 5

I am making a graduation cake for a friend of the family.  The grad wants whipped frosting.  I explained to him that that won't work with fondant and the decorations he wanted.  He then asked if it could go between the layers.

So what can I use and how do I do it so it doesn't just squish out the sides or just be absorbed into the cake making a wet mess??

I have searched the recipes but I am just clueless on this - or over thinking it and becoming brain dead - lol

TIA

4 replies
Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 13 May 2014 , 12:57am
post #2 of 5

Do you want to do whipped heavy whipping cream, or non dairy whip topping? If it is heavy whipping cream then what I do is whip cream cheese with condensed milk until well blended then add heavy whipping cream and whip until stiff. I put a thicker layer if this filling because it settles down a little after a couple of hours. 

whiteangel Posted 13 May 2014 , 1:58am
post #3 of 5

Probably non-dairy as it will be sitting out for 6-9 hours.  Temps for the day will be 76 and though the cake will be inside, the doors and windows will be open. 

Will I dam it with the regular b/c that I frost the outside of the cake with to keep it from squishing and causing the the dredged fondant bulge?   Never had much luck with "damming" helping in this.

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 13 May 2014 , 2:32am
post #4 of 5

Sorry, can`t help you on fondant, dam or bc. I am working with non dairy whip topping called Whip `n Ice I use it for icing and decorating my cakes it`s non dairy. As for filing in cake I work a lot with heavy whipping cream but its not going to work if cake will sit out for so long. Maybe try some recipes with Cool Whip? There is one I have it has cream cheese , sugar, sourcream and Cool Whip. If you want to try it I can pm you a recipe.

whiteangel Posted 13 May 2014 , 1:05pm
post #5 of 5

Yes please do.  Maybe one will work.  I would like to try something that would give him what he wants, or at least tell him I gave it a good try. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%