Ideas For This Cake

Decorating By nanasmom Updated 12 May 2014 , 8:40pm by doramoreno62

nanasmom Posted 12 May 2014 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 4

Any insight into making this cake?  I am thinking to use the Wilton Wonder Mold pan or the sports ball pan.  I think I probably need make the fondant/gumpaste flames by wrapping them around something to dry.  Any ideas of what I can use and then how to stick them onto the cake?  Also, how can I make those silhouettes?   Any other ideas and comments are welcome!

3 replies
kakeladi Posted 12 May 2014 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 4

.........Any insight into making this cake? .........how can I make those silhouettes? ...........

I think the Wonder Mold pan idea is right on!  I would make 100s of those flames - just stips of fondant or gumpaste wrapped around some small round - like a pencil, then when dry just attached to the cake w/a blob of icing to hold them in place.

The silhouettes are cut from gumpaste OR fondant w/Tylose added and allowed to dry before standing them in a blob of icing.  You also could attach toothpicks on their legs and stick them in the base board (especially if you use a styrofoam disk for that 'board').

MBalaska Posted 12 May 2014 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi 

I would make 100s of those flames - just stips of fondant or gumpaste wrapped around some small round - like a pencil, then when dry just attached to the cake w/a blob of icing to hold them in place.

I've wrapped fondant around drinking straws to make those confetti style curly things.

doramoreno62 Posted 12 May 2014 , 8:40pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%