Too Many Ideas, How Do You Work Out Your Cake Designs ?

Decorating By Sugar Crumb Kit Updated 12 May 2014 , 12:49am by cazza1

Sugar Crumb Kit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar Crumb Kit Posted 11 May 2014 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 5

AHello Just wondering what method everyone uses when designing a cake ? I find I have so many ideas and techniques running through my head I confuse myself lol Does anyone have the same issue? Jen x

4 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 11 May 2014 , 11:46pm
post #2 of 5

not being an artist, I copy other peoples tutorials and instructions.  No talent in these hands of mine.:duh: lol

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 11 May 2014 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 5

I am the same way. My mind thinks too much and I get confused too. I guess that is why I only do cakes for fun. That way if I mess up, my family is more forgiving especially when it is a free cake. Everybody has had issues with cakes at one time or another but with each time we learn a little more. Hang in there because I feel you will do just fine with your cakes!!! Good luck and be sure to post your cake pictures!! I too, get ideas from others because I am not a very creative type of person.

I just looked at your two cake pictures in the gallery and they look great!!! Looks like you have the talent for cake decorating!!!!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 12 May 2014 , 12:48am
post #4 of 5

I use a sketch pad for both design and notes.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 12 May 2014 , 12:49am
post #5 of 5

I am the worst drawer in the world but I find that if I do a rough sketch or write a few notes in a book I keep it helps.  I copy a lot, and I also make up designs with bits from this cake and bits from that and so on that I see on here and elsewhere and having the book helps me as otherwise I forget 2 seconds later.  I don't just take inspiration from cakes.  There are so many other things in our world that can spark a desire to create.  For example, I have some great wall art in my yard that I am going to use as a base and build on to do a couple of cakes.  Fortunately, I don't have to satisfy anyone but my own whims so if they don't work out it doesn't matter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%