How Long Will It Last??

Decorating By DebbiesCupcakes Updated 15 May 2014 , 5:30pm by DebbiesCupcakes

DebbiesCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbiesCupcakes Posted 11 May 2014 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 3

AHi all!

Newbie post, but I've got my first wedding order coming up and could use some advice!

I'm doing a giant cupcake and 50 matching cupcakes. My question is, if I make the chocolate casing for the giant cupcake, bake the base and plonk it in, then do a good thick sealed layer of buttercream on top, will it be fresh for a few days? I'm trying to plan this with military precision to make it as easy as possible!

Any other tips welcome also, as I've decided on a load of handmade roses and everything so it's a big task!!

Thanks in advance everyone! Xx

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 May 2014 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 3

i've only done chocolate casings for regular size cupcakes and me, i would not put them together days in advance-- if that was an important timeline--i would make both in advance and put them together day before or day of--that's just me though--

as far as the flowers you could make those now in gum paste to use next year if you wanted--if doing buttercream you can make them a week in advance--royal icing could be made weeks in advance--

cupcakes i'd do last minute or have my ducks in a row to freeze them (i'd test my recipes & wrappers first--freeze/thaw)

best first wedding order to you!

DebbiesCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbiesCupcakes Posted 15 May 2014 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 3

AThanks for the advice. Just about to thaw my frozen test cakes, will let you know how I get on!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%