Donut Flavored Frosting????

Baking By ashleybakes Updated 11 May 2014 , 3:28am by MBalaska

ashleybakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleybakes Posted 10 May 2014 , 1:24pm
post #1 of 5

Hello!

I'm making a batch of cupcakes to send to work with my husband for National Police Week and I want to do coffee and donut flavors. Hubby says everyone would prefer coffee cupcakes with a donut frosting but I can't figure out how to make frosting taste like donuts!!! Any ideas? Maybe just a brown sugar frosting? I have no clue. Any tips would be great. Thanks in advance :)

4 replies
Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 10 May 2014 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 5

AHmm...that's a tough one. I have a "muffins that taste like donuts" recipe and it has a dash of nutmeg in it. Also, sometimes cake donuts have a slight citrus flavor or like the princess emulsion flavor, just a tiny but, not a lot.

I might go with a specific type-- jelly donut or cinnamon sugar donut or boston cream donut --instead of a generic donut. I guess that doesn't really address the coffee part though... Sorry.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 10 May 2014 , 7:14pm
post #3 of 5

Use mace.  That's what taste like donuts.  When I make MimiFix's vanilla cupcakes I put a dash of cinnamon and lots of mace in them, give them an icing glaze (like a donuts) and Voila........I have donut cupcakes.

LoveonCloudCupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveonCloudCupcake Posted 11 May 2014 , 3:19am
post #4 of 5

AW

Original message sent by MBalaska

Use [B]mace.[/B]  That's what taste like donuts.  When I make MimiFix's vanilla cupcakes I put a dash of cinnamon and lots of mace in them, give them an icing glaze (like a donuts) and Voila........I have donut cupcakes.

Where can I find her recipe?

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 11 May 2014 , 3:28am
post #5 of 5

I purchased her book, it was one of the recipes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%