Need Help With "robosapiens" Cake. Please!

Decorating By Momof2froggies

Momof2froggies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof2froggies Posted 9 May 2014 , 1:04am
post #1 of 1

Hi, I'm relatively new here... I read all the time from my phone and appreciate all the insight I get, but I rarely have time to get in the computer so I don't post much...

Just for a little background, I started decorating cakes about 2 years ago, mostly for my kids' parties. Took Wilton 1 and 3 classes and then learned on my own from websites, books, blogs, etc. I did my very first carved cake last month for my son's 5th birthday and since then I've gotten more and more requests from parents at his school and my DH's coworkers so I started a website mostly so they could see my work and contact me more easily.

Anyway, today I've been asked if I can make a cake with "Robosapiens". I had no clue who that was so I googled it. It's a kid robot or something like that. I was thinking on making a 3D cake with the torso being stacked square cakes carved like a trapezoid, then use a cylindrical support as the neck and an elongated "ball" cake as the head. Then carve the arms out of a sheet cake and add them in such way that they are supported at both the body and the cake board.

Do you think this will work without falling apart?? Any advice or maybe an idea I can modify to adapt to the particular features of this robot?

Thanks SO MUCH in advance for any help! :)

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%