A Couple Beyond Buttercream Questions-I Don't Think Answered In The Download.

Baking By BeesKnees578 Updated 24 Apr 2016 , 9:57am by Danilou

cupcakemama3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemama3 Posted 10 Sep 2015 , 1:25am
post #31 of 33

Thanks! I'm gonna try it again with less powder this time!

Cakemom21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemom21 Posted 10 Sep 2015 , 2:18am
post #32 of 33

@ Brookebakescake- I still have not revisited the recipe. I used to sell cakes about 8 years ago and did it for years. I used box mixes back then, and never had a problem with them sticking to my pans. I use my homemade mixture of flour, oil, and shortening- equal parts. I have always used it and never had any problems. I had never used parchment circles.

I am getting back into baking, and am in the process of getting my Cottage Food registration. I want to bake from scratch now. I like the taste of this batter but it sticks to my pan. The edges seem to rise more than the center, so even when it didn't overflow, the edges where definitely higher, not by much, but still higher. I use my Decorator Preferred Wilton pans, which I have always used for years with no problems. My oven works fine, as I make other recipes every week. (I am testing different flavors for my business). I'll probably try it again during Thanksgiving break (I have a week off from work). I just don't want to revisit that recipe yet. Thanks.

Danilou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danilou Posted 24 Apr 2016 , 9:57am
post #33 of 33

Hi Norcalhiker, will you please share all your adjustments to the recipe, and what is the result of the cake regarding taste, texture and height?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%