I followed some steps I seen on this site but I am just not able to take out the mould from the pan....
I applied 2 coats first time, put it in freezer and then pulled and pulled. Eventually it popped out but broken :(
Second time I applied 3 coats and left in freezer, didn't budge. Put it in fridge...nope! Had to cut it all off so I can use the pan.
AHi I normally chill the pan in the fridge beforehand then swirl the melted chocolate around. The first layer can be a bit thin. Then, once that's set (in the fridge), do another layer. I use a teaspoon to push the chocolate around. Do however many coats you need and on the last one turn the pan upside down so the chocolate doesn't pool on the bottom. Remember to pop it on a tray first though!! Then when it's fully set I lift one side a bit and then the other just softly trying to get it to. release. It just pops out. I use Nestle melts to make mine. You could try a silicone pan too. I've never had any trouble with putting it in the fridge to set. After it's made I leave it out at room temp.
AThanks or your reply. I'll try your way this time
Do you have a flexible silicone mould? They are much easier to make giant choc cupcake shells than the metal ones. If you only have a metal one maybe you could try spraying the mould with a little spray release oil.
....and do you have to shave a bit off your cake to get it to slide into the mould?
AThanks. I was using cooking milk chocolate from asda. I was using the metal pan. Will try and get the silicone. Think my local poundshop has them
Yep, got mine from the local hot dollar shop, which I'm assuming is the same as your poundshop. It was cheap maybe $5.00 super easy to use.