Strawberry Cake Recipe

Baking By teresadutton Updated 7 May 2014 , 5:43am by mzteaze

teresadutton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teresadutton Posted 7 May 2014 , 12:45am
post #1 of 6

I am looking for a Strawberry cake recipe, I would like one that is very flavorful, between light and dense and will hold up well as a 2 tier cake as well as cupcakes. I have searched the recipes and found some recipes but they all seem to have been editing to remove the directions. Please HELP!!

Thanks!! 

5 replies
Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 7 May 2014 , 2:16am
post #2 of 6

For the cake, a WASC is good, but simply replace the milk with pureed strawberries.

WASC does not make good cupcakes, though, at least for me.  They don't rise well.

Sammy09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sammy09 Posted 7 May 2014 , 3:15am
post #3 of 6

ACooks illustrated dot com has a great one.

cakedreamer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedreamer101 Posted 7 May 2014 , 3:25am
post #4 of 6

Is the CI one a pink-shaded cake or is a white cake with strawberry filling?

sarahgale314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahgale314 Posted 7 May 2014 , 3:34am
post #5 of 6

AThe cook's illustrated recipe uses strawberries mashed through a strainer to create juice and pulp. The juice is reduced and used in place of some of the milk in the cake batter, and the pulp is put into the frosting. Both the cake and frosting are therefore strawberry flavored - all natural. The pink color is quite subtle, so you can add a bit if dye if you want to really make it obviously pink. It is a fabulous recipe.

mzteaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mzteaze Posted 7 May 2014 , 5:43am
post #6 of 6

Check out the strawberry sponge cake recipe from Gretchen Price of Woodland Bakery...(just google her name or the name of the bakery for her blog).  There is a lovely recipe there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%