Icing Genius

Baking By dandymom Updated 7 Sep 2014 , 2:48am by grandmas design

dandymom Posted 5 May 2014 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 6

AHas anyone here tried Icing Genius? Is it any good? I'm looking for good flavorings for my buttercream. I'm looking at that or using fruit powder (pulverized freeze dried fruit.)

Thanks, Dee

5 replies
MBalaska Posted 5 May 2014 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 6

No, have you tried it?

howsweet Posted 6 May 2014 , 2:45am
post #3 of 6

The stuff intrigues me, but I find myself annoyed at their marketing. I just want to know how much you use and how soon you have to use it after opening a jar, you know? Cause it's $13 for what looks to be a small amount and I don't get the sense that it goes as long a way as regular flavoring.

When a company acts like this info is some sort of secret, I get suspicious. It makes me wonder if it's one of those products designed to get everyone to try once. Maybe Apple owns them... lol

MBalaska Posted 6 May 2014 , 2:48am
post #4 of 6

The brief video that they have, they showed mixing their product into buttercream, then piping it on a cupcake, and putting it on a small cake with a spatula...........that was some really  rough looking icing.

howsweet Posted 6 May 2014 , 2:53am
post #5 of 6

Hmm.. interesting.  I couldn't sit through it. I guess they aren't hiding as much as I thought. I found this: Store up to 30 days after opening

grandmas design Posted 7 Sep 2014 , 2:48am
post #6 of 6

AIt is a great product. Its concentrated. Start with 2:1. (2 parts buttercream/1 part icing genious) and go frim there. I only use it as a filling. It has a self life of one yr unopened. 30-60 days refrigerated. Depending on the flavor choosen. Ive Used 4 flavors. The pecan pralene , orange, coconut and. Banana. Quick and easy way to add a sophisticated taste if your not experienced in how to develop deep flavors. An experienced baker who bakes for a living woyldnt. Benefit fom this product as it doesnt go far. But its a blessing for an amateur such as myself

Quote by @%username% on %date%