Sour Taste In Scratch Cupcakes

Baking By nancylee61 Updated 4 May 2014 , 10:58am by Danilou

nancylee61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylee61 Posted 4 May 2014 , 12:36am
post #1 of 6

AHi, I just made the Billy's vanilla cupcakes and they are incredibly good! But in two of the cupcakes, there was a horrible sour taste! Could it be that the baking powder didn't mix all the way in? If not, any other ideas? Thank you, Nancy

5 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 4 May 2014 , 2:15am
post #2 of 6

Nancy you're probably right.  I don't bake for a living, and I do it mostly from scratch.  I put all the dry goods together and stir them.  Either with the paddle attachment  or with a whisk.  There are some advantages to using box mixes, but I take the time to stir the baking powder, salt, baking soda into the flour before I go further. 

It could be something else, so there should be some other folks helping you out here. Good luck.

nancylee61 Posted 4 May 2014 , 2:24am
post #3 of 6

AThank you! That's what I think, too! My mother told me years ago,to make sure I mix baking powder or soda in well, and I usually do, but I think maybe some stick together.

I'm not sure what to do with the 25 cupcakes I made for a friend"s daughters' cupcakes? Hope for the best? :)

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 4 May 2014 , 2:41am
post #4 of 6

I've thrown whole batches of a lot of things in the trash, eaten the cost (and kissed my time goodbye) rather than let a BAD batch of anything reach someone outside of my kitchen.  :oops::oops::oops::oops:

nancylee61 Posted 4 May 2014 , 9:32am
post #5 of 6

AYeah, I know. I was supposed to bring hem to her toda, and the sad thing is, they are so delicious! Nancy

Danilou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danilou Posted 4 May 2014 , 10:58am
post #6 of 6

AHold onto them. They may taste better tomorrow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%