How Much Would You Charge For This Cake?

Decorating By JuliaMarie Updated 2 May 2014 , 4:34pm by howsweet

JuliaMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuliaMarie Posted 2 May 2014 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 4

A[ATTACHMENT=1662]image.jpg (840k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Good evening all, I'm a little new to cake Central and new to cake decorating. I posted a few of my cakes on my facebook and now a lot of people are asking how much I charge for cakes. I don't even know if I'm ready to start selling as I would prefer to learn everything first. Anyway, how much would you charge for a cake like this? It's a 8" round and 4" high. It took me a couple of days, one day to make all the hard sugar decorations and one day for baking and covering the cake. In materials it cost me about 25 - 30 euro. I'd be happy to here any thoughts or any tips on how I could improve. Thank you :-)

3 replies
nanasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanasmom Posted 2 May 2014 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 4

nothing to improve! incredible cake!

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 2 May 2014 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 4

That's an adorable cake, you're very talented. There are a lot of threads around here on pricing, and I'd suggest taking an afternoon and reviewing the information you come across. You can even Google "pricing cakes Cake Central", and that will limit the search results to topics here. Personally, I'd probably charge around $300-$325 for that. 

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 2 May 2014 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 4

Well done! For the level of detail and that there are so many details, I would have charged $423 US for that cake. I don't find many customers who want to pay that much for such a small cake, so normally I'd be having to find a way to do a similar cake with less detail. I'd probably need to get the price down to something like $250-260. You might do better at finding the right customer than I.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%