How To Add Glitter All Over A Fondant Cake??

Decorating By sophiessweets19 Updated 1 May 2014 , 6:28pm by sophiessweets19

sophiessweets19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sophiessweets19 Posted 1 May 2014 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 8

AHello., how can i add disco dust all over a fondant covered cake?? I want to achieve that really sparkle glitter effect

7 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 1 May 2014 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 8

Are you planning on serving the little shards of plastic to people as well? ;) You might want to rethink using something that's edible, because disco dust is plastic, if you didn't already know that. 

sophiessweets19 Posted 1 May 2014 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 8

AI was making my own bday cake.. And usually people dont eat the fondant anyway so i didnt think it would be an issue . I dont see any other glitter out their that would give the same affect as the disco dust

AZCouture Posted 1 May 2014 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 8

AYou're right, there isn't anything natural that gives that effect, [B]close[/B], but not exactly. If it's just for you, go for it I suppose.

AZCouture Posted 1 May 2014 , 6:08pm
post #5 of 8

AAnd just throw it on, really. Or spray a light mist of vodka or something with your airbrush and toss it on before it dries.

sophiessweets19 Posted 1 May 2014 , 6:17pm
post #6 of 8

AI was going to just tell my friends to just not eat the fondant :/... I was figuring that much., too probably put some piping gel on the cake and than throw on the disco.., i just thought maybe their's an easier way without getting it all over the place....

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 May 2014 , 6:24pm
post #7 of 8

you can brush it on, sophie--it kind of adheres--and if you fridge the cake even for ten, fifteen minutes then bring it out in the room it will probably have enough temperature difference to hold the disco dust on--a teeny bit of automatic condensation--

best to you

sophiessweets19 Posted 1 May 2014 , 6:28pm
post #8 of 8

AI'm going to do a test and see how that works ... Thanks!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%