Spilled Polish

Decorating By shar7599 Updated 4 May 2014 , 9:07pm by MBalaska

shar7599 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shar7599 Posted 1 May 2014 , 12:10am
post #1 of 7

AHad anyone "spilled" anything on a fondant covered cake? I'm making a nail polish cake for my daughter's spa birthday party. It will be 2 layer white fondant. I want to make it look like a couple of the bottles tipped over and spilled polish down the side of the cake. What would I use? I'm thinking candy melts. But I'm not sure how to do it without it clumping up and not pouring pretty down the two layers. Plus I'm worried earn chocolate will ruin the fondant. I've seen spills made out of fondant, but they don't look real looking. Help!

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 May 2014 , 12:17am
post #2 of 7

nice shiny ganache--easier to handle than just melted choco but that would work too--

or you could use a piece of fondant and paint it shiny with gum arabic and water--just mix some edible glitter (aka gum arabic--check for it on the ingredients label) and paint it on voila--patent leather shiny nail polish--could paint a trail of drips & dots too

http://www.globalsugarart.com/white-glitter-flakes-ounce-by-ck-p-25188.html

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 1 May 2014 , 12:27am
post #3 of 7

ASure, I usually make a puddle of isomalt for that effect. I pour it on parchment paper and let it harden, then put it where I need to.

A Cake A Day Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
A Cake A Day Posted 3 May 2014 , 4:34am
post #4 of 7

AI wonder if you put fondant (I use MMF) in the microwave on wax paper for a few seconds if you could get a puddle effect then maybe paint as suggested in one of the posts above?

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 3 May 2014 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 7

corn syrup glace icing, thinned out.  You can make this in just a tiny half batch, or third batch.

http://cakecentral.com/a/poured-cookie-icing

shar7599 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shar7599 Posted 4 May 2014 , 2:53pm
post #6 of 7

AThank you!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 4 May 2014 , 9:07pm
post #7 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by shar7599 

Thank you!

post a photo when ' mission accomplished'.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%