Help With Preserves!!

Decorating By cecescakecreations Updated 10 May 2014 , 4:07am by MBalaska

cecescakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cecescakecreations Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 4

ANot sure if this has been covered here but I have a wedding cake is weekend that has asked for raspberry preserves. I've never worked with preserves before but said yes anyway because they were soooo nice and begged. So I found a recipe but I don't love how it came out and am now wondering about how it will effect the cake once filled. Like I'm sure it will be obsorbed a bit because it's so thin. I just don't know how to move forward with this. Please someone with experience help here!! Also. Is there a better recipe out there to actually make the preserves?? Help

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 May 2014 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 4

do you still need help or was the wedding last weekend?

cecescakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cecescakecreations Posted 10 May 2014 , 3:35am
post #3 of 4

AThis cake was last weekend. I did wind up buying Smuckers to use. I personally really loved how it came out. The outside was white buttercream with white scrollwork all around covered in lavender cala Lillie's and purple hydrandeas with a porcelain topper. So I have not heard from the grooms as of yet if they enjoyed the taste of the cake or not. A bit frustrating when ya don't get any feedback. Thanks

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 10 May 2014 , 4:07am
post #4 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by cecescakecreations 
".......So I have not heard from the grooms as of yet if they enjoyed the taste of the cake or not. A bit frustrating when ya don't get any feedback.
Thanks......"

cecescakecreations you'll get feedback sooner or later, one way or the other.

Love using seedless Smuckers preserves in cakes. In between the layers or mixed with buttercream and used as filling.  way too delicious for me to  bother cooking any, when those nice people at Smuckers are so good at it already.:wink:

When you do get some feedback, use the who, what, when, how, why questions so you'll get some more instructive answers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%