Cotton Fibers On Fondant

Decorating By kitchenchick Updated 1 May 2014 , 12:39am by bubs1stbirthday

kitchenchick Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 6

AAnyone have any tips for removing cotton fibers from dried fondant? Used some cotton rounds to support a fondant figure while drying, but now I see little white fibers where it came in contact with the fondant.

5 replies
ropalma Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 6

Dont know if it would work but try rubbing some Crisco (shortening) and see if it will loosen enough for you rub it off.  

mattyeatscakes Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 7:46pm
post #3 of 6

ADon't have any advise, but just popped in to say i hate this problem too!!!! Sometimes i'd try to pluck them with a twizzer or a hat pin :( but they are truly a pain!!!! :( good luck!

Mimimakescakes Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 6

If you use fibre fill( used to stuff toys cushions etc ) or even scrunched up glad wrap , instead of cotton you won't get the fibres

cakegrandma Posted 1 May 2014 , 12:13am
post #5 of 6

If you prop bows open on their sides, put rolled paper towel in the center of the loop.  If you need to support maybe a figure then try a paper towel roll to hold it upright.  There are many things you can do to make fondant/ gum paste items either stand or be supported somehow.  Also be sure you do not have a sweater or anything fuzzy when working with this medium.  Good luck!

bubs1stbirthday Posted 1 May 2014 , 12:39am
post #6 of 6

If is just for you at home (not sure if it is considered food safe) and you are happy to try it, I would grab a piece of sticky tape (just one of those cheap, not real sticky ones that you use for wrapping presents etc) and try dabbing that on your figurine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%