How Would You Accent This Fondant Decoration?

Decorating By katespate Updated 30 Apr 2014 , 3:44pm by howsweet

katespate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katespate Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 3:23am
post #1 of 5

AI want to line the "S" in back as we'll as the outline. Should I use black buttercream? Wilton black gel? I never used royal icing so I don't really want to try that. Or leave as is? Thanks![IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3228148/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

4 replies
howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 3:27am
post #2 of 5

AI vote for leave as is or thin white strips of fondant, which is rather a lot of trouble.

katespate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katespate Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 3:31am
post #3 of 5

ADo you think I need to redo it? I picked it up before it was finished drying and it got all cracked and elephant skin. This is for a cake I am selling. And I'm a bit of a perfectionist but would rather not redo ;)

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 3:36am
post #4 of 5

ABlack edible marker is the easiest thing for an outline on fondant. You could try painting the edge with gel coloring mixed with vodka.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 5

AI didn't click to see the bigger picture before. Hard to know what it looks like in person.

But to redo it , it won't take as long since you already have the template. That would take less time than trying to fix it. But what have you got to lose, redoing it would be 15 minutes or so, right? Use a fresh blade.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%