No Refund For Canceled Philadelphia Class

Decorating By erinob2 Updated 2 May 2014 , 11:36am by erinob2

erinob2 Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 2:53am
post #1 of 7

Contrary to what Cake Central moderators have posted on this forum, everyone has not received a refund from the cancelled Philadelphia classes. I have made numerous phone calls and sent multiple emails, and I have never received a response from anyone.  It has been over four months since the classes have been canceled with no response.  I have also sent private messages to Cake Central employees that have stated on this very website that if someone has not received a refund to contact them and they would take care of it--I have never received a response.  I have also been in contact with other Cake Central members who have not received a refund and have also been ignored by Cake Central.  

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  Since Cake Central has repeatedly deleted posts made by members who have also not received refunds, I plan to repost to this forum on a daily basis until I get my money back that Cake Central has stolen from me.  

I also suggest that nobody register for classes through Cake Central.  I will never do business again with a company that treats it's customers this way, and I plan to make sure that as many people as possible are aware of this treatment, and no longer give this company another cent.  

Hopefully the thieves at Cake Central will see fit to return the $200 that they have stole from me.

6 replies
Norasmom Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 3:08am
post #2 of 7

If you paid using a credit card, you could also have the credit card company handle the dispute. They are pretty darn good at things like that, I like to think the interest I pay on my balance helps pay their legal teams.

You just have to tell them you did not receive the service you paid for.  Good luck, I see these posts but I also see that there are people who have gotten refunds.  I am sure there's a very good reason there is a delay in your refund.

erinob2 Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 3:26am
post #3 of 7

AThanks Nora. I tried to go through my credit card company, but they told me I am out of the timeframe to file a dispute through them. The lack of response I have received from Cake Central is what I find most frustrating. I have been in contact with others who have posted and been instructed to send a private message to the moderators, and a month later have still not gotten a response or refund. One woman went as far as to contact the man who was to instruct the class, and he informed her that Cake Central has a terrible reputation with refunds. This has been an extremely frustrating situation. Thank you again for your response. Erin

lynne1969 Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 4:54pm
post #4 of 7

I sent my info to Heath as instructed  a month ago and still have not received my refund either and never even received an email confirming that he got my request.  I will be contacting the BBB as well.  This is unacceptable!!

erinob2 Posted 2 May 2014 , 3:13am
post #5 of 7

After continued phone calls, emails and faxes, I am STILL WAITING for a response from Cake Central.  I have now also filed a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General's Office.  Clearly customer service is of absolutely NO IMPORTANCE to this company and the individuals that work there.

SystemMod2 Posted 2 May 2014 , 3:37am
post #6 of 7

"I have been in contact with others who have posted and been instructed to send a private message to the moderators..."

erinob2: Not that I actually received a PM from you, but just FYI, the moderators on Cake Central (like me) have no jurisdiction over ANY of the business dealings of Cake Central - that includes the magazine, website advertising, the book, any subscriptions or the classes.

We are unpaid VOLUNTEERS, who offer our time to try to keep the forums clear of spam and conflict, despite running our own businesses and households. That's it. 

erinob2 Posted 2 May 2014 , 11:36am
post #7 of 7

SystemMod2, 

SystemMod1 has responded to my private message, and did explain to me that System Moderators are volunteers; however it "that's it" as you say, then SystemMod1 should not have posted this information on another thread:

"This is a thread that was created for dubious and frankly unfair reasons.  The OP was complaining about not getting a refund for the December class that we unfortunately had to cancel.  She posted the same thread last night and it was deleted.  The OP started both threads saying she got no refund and it's untrue - she has gotten her refund and even posted that she got them.  She stated in BOTH threads she was just mad and wanted to complain about Cake Central because Cake Central did not give daily updates or some ridiculous expectation of customer service while waiting on her credit card company. bank, and Paypal posted it to her account.  But she, like all that registered for that class,  received a personal phone call, an apology, and a full refund....

Further, if you registered for this class and you have not gotten a reflection of the refund by next month, please contact ME and I will personally help you."

http://cakecentral.com/t/767108/refund-from-canceled-cake-central-class  (this is the link to the full thread)

The above was posted by SystemMod1 back in January.  It is not true that all of us have received our refunds as she stated in her post.  I also don't believe that it is a "ridiculous expectation" to expect a company to refund you money for a service that they never provided.  

It is also not true that SystemMod1 will personally help you.  I received this response from SystemMod1 when I sent her a private message as requesting assistance since she clearly states above that she would personally help with refunds:

"I understand your frustrations, however the contacts you have are the only ones I've been provided as well.  I wish you the best of luck on perusing all means to get your refund."

System Moderators should refrain from posting false and misleading information on these threads.  It is unfair that System Moderators are leading us to believe they can help with getting us our refunds in addition to posting false information claiming that all of us have received our refunds when that is absolutely not the case.  

At this point I have no other recourse than to warn other members about how Cake Central chooses to treat its customers.  As System Moderators you should reconsider volunteering your time for a company that chooses to treat people this way.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%