I Need A Number 40 Cake To Serve 200 People!! Any Ideas On How To Execute This?

Decorating By DaniiCakes Updated 30 Apr 2014 , 3:10pm by -K8memphis

DaniiCakes Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 4:55am
post #1 of 3

I have had a request for a number 40 cake that will serve up to 200 people.. and need advice on how to go about this. Does anyone know how many servings come out of the large number 4 and 0 cake pans with dimensions 14"x10" (3in deep)? Will I be able to stack these to get the desired size or will this result in a less attractive cake? Would it be a better idea to carve the numbers out myself instead? I am always up for a challenge and any suggestions would be helpful!

2 replies
DaysCakes Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 7:49am
post #2 of 3

If it were me, I would put the "40" cakes on top of a sheet cake to act as a base - the 40 would still stand out and you would have enough cake underneath to serve everyone.

-K8memphis Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 3

you could use a 2-layer 16" round and a 16" square and you'd have enough servings to play around with and kind of oval out the round sixteen so it's not so glaringly a big round cake y'know and cut the 16" square with a pattern like this:

http://cdn001.cakecentral.com/1/19/525x525px-LL-194855cf_numbercakes_270.jpeg

now the 4 is probably going to be longer/taller than the 16" 0 so take some of the scraps  from ovaling the 16" round to be sure they come out  the same height--

or you could make a big giant double barrel out of a two 2-layer 12" rounds stacked and two 2-layer 12" squares stacked--they would be massive like 6-8 inches tall and like 12 - 14 inches long--bwooowahahaha--

i think either of those sizes those will give you the servings even if you loose some servings in the scrap heap--

also be prepared to ice and final decor the inside cavities of the numbers as you place them piece by piece on the board because it is often very difficult to get in those cavities after it is all put together--because you want to conserve as many servings as possible too--you could even cut the 0 in half on purpose if you wanted so you can reach in there if it's tight--then glue it back together with some icing--

also consider beveling them for a better viewing advantage--so it's not just a 40 from a strict aerial view--that's a little more complicated to pull off but it's a thought--the 0 is easy, the 4 takes more thought--anyhow...

4+0 thoughts for you--best baking

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%