Drying Time

Decorating By Sweet68 Updated 28 Apr 2014 , 9:42pm by Rudd

Sweet68 Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 4:19pm
post #1 of 5

AI made a fondant Giraffe w/ a some tylose mixed in! It was finished at 4pm last evening! Is there a faster way to dry fondant characters?? Should I stick it in the fridge?

4 replies
CMLayton Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 5

AI've heard you can put them in the oven. The oven off, but the inside light switched on!

maisie73 Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 5

AI don't know about a faster way to dry it but I wouldn't put it in the fridge, it'll get sticky. I just leave mine in a cardboard box so they don't get dusty and nothing lands on them.

-K8memphis Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 5

yes there is a faster way but it might not work for your long necked friend--you can use a food dehydrator or a warming drawer--temp no higher than 150 degrees Fahrenheit --

but when heated the stuff becomes soft then it hardens harder when it cools off--so if you can ensure he won't melt the wrong way you could put him in but--

like for a bow--we either stick supports in there to hold it up till it dries or we lay the loops on their side so they dry nice-- a giraffe is just 'out there' --no flat side on him-- so it might melt on yah  --

but mine would be dry enough by now to put in there--just depends on how you made it

best giraffe-ing to you

Rudd Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 9:42pm
post #5 of 5

Put it in front of a fan. I did that with a gumpaste tiara I made the night before the cake was due & by the next day it was dry enough to sit on top of the cake... it could've been drier & I would've felt better but it worked in a pinch.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%