Question About Black Icing

Decorating By joandwade Updated 26 Apr 2014 , 6:34am by roxylee123

joandwade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joandwade Posted 25 Apr 2014 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 5

AHi everyone I need some black fondant but the one and only place I can get it from , from where I live are out of stock. I know I can't really colour black fondant myself I tried before it goes way to sticky before I've even got that real black look. So if I paint it on does it eventually dry ? And if it does how many days does it take to dry?

4 replies
roxylee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxylee123 Posted 25 Apr 2014 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 5

Asda are selling the coloured packs of icing now they are offer for £1 at the minute if you have one near you to try.

I have never painted a cake black but have used an airbrush to do one and it dried fine so I don't seen why it wouldn't. I think I read somewhere that you should mix the paste food colouring with clear alcohol such as vodka to paint on a cake and the vodka evaporates, also you should try to do the brush strokes all the same way and not go over a part you have already done while it is wet. hope this helps 

mermaidcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mermaidcakery Posted 25 Apr 2014 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 5

ACan you get those cans of black airbrush spray?

joandwade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joandwade Posted 26 Apr 2014 , 1:30am
post #4 of 5

AUnfortunately I don't live in UK so can't get to Asda .. And I've not seen the spray cans here where I live. Thanks for the help tho x

roxylee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxylee123 Posted 26 Apr 2014 , 6:34am
post #5 of 5

Sorry i didn't realise you weren't in the uk you can get cans of black airbrush spray from ebay and other online sites if that is an option for you. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%