Need Help On Chevron Print Cake!!!!!!

Decorating By livin4ever Updated 4 May 2014 , 7:06pm by icingimages

livin4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
livin4ever Posted 25 Apr 2014 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 9

I am supposed to have this cake made by tomorrow afternoon at 1.I hate it, but I don't know what to do! I've peeled off the fondant and put it back on two times already. I'm am running out of ideas! Someone please help me! This does not represent my work at all, and I don't want to give her this cake looking like this. Here is the link to the picture :http://www.pinterest.com/pin/87186942760686043/

8 replies
nanasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanasmom Posted 25 Apr 2014 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 9

I have never done a chevron cake but I am examining the one you are trying to copy (I think you have it pinned also, right?)

I think her cake is totally covered in white fondant and the colored chevron pieces are put on after - it looks like the from your cake, maybe you did not do a base layer of white fondant first.  Also, all her pieces of chevron fondant have seams at the angles/corners - it seems that some of yours do and some of them don't.  I would imagine cutting each piece individually and then putting on the cake like a puzzle.

Good Luck!

Mel37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel37 Posted 25 Apr 2014 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 9

AIf you have access to Craftsy it's worth checking out Jessica Harris' Clean & Simple Cakes - she does a chevron cake on there using wax paper transfer which may help you? Good luck :)

livin4ever Posted 25 Apr 2014 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 9

AOk, than y'all both :-) I think I figured out what I'm going to do :-) y'all were very helpful!

FioreCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FioreCakes Posted 25 Apr 2014 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 9

I was going to suggest the same---jessica harris's class!

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 25 Apr 2014 , 9:40pm
post #6 of 9

The freezer is your friend.  Cut the chevrons out on waxed paper.  Pop them into the freezer for five minutes then remove and peel off of the waxed paper and put into place.  Cold chevrons keep their shape.

livin4ever Posted 26 Apr 2014 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 9

A

Thanks everyone so much! You all have been very helpful :-) I decided to cut a long, wide strip of fondant (enough to wrap all the way around the cake and the height of the cake) and then laid the chevron strips on there,and then wrap the entire thing around the cake. Here is my final results. I am so much happier with them :-)*

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 27 Apr 2014 , 12:09am
post #8 of 9

That worked  :-)

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 4 May 2014 , 7:06pm
post #9 of 9

Sorry I came late to this, but we offer two different solutions.  First, if you have an edible printer, Icing Images offers a program called iDesigns that has over 1500 different images licensed for edible use.  There is a whole catagory on chevrons.  Second, we also have a Sweet Accents which is the first and only truly food safe die cutting and embossing system on the market.  We have chevron cutters that you can use to cut icing sheet as well as gumpaste.  Sorry this is late, but you have it for future reference.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%