Pasta Machine Help!

Decorating By chocaholikk Updated 25 Apr 2014 , 5:21pm by chocaholikk

chocaholikk Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 11

AHi guys,

Im looking to purchase a pasta machine, how well doea it work with fondant/gumpaste. I was thinking of getting a manual one for the time being or is ir not worth it and go for an electeic one?

Any help appreciated

10 replies
rbcakes Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 9:38pm
post #2 of 11

AThey are brilliant. Great time saver (for me anyway.) Its great for things like getting thin, even gumpaste for flowers and tappits. I have a manual one, and it's ok, but it can be really hard if you're not just rolling a small piece. You really need one hand to feed it through and one hand to catch it coming out so it doesn't pile up on itself. So unless you have a helper there's no hand left to turn the handle. It's not impossible, but it's tricky. I borrow a kitchenaid pasta roller when possible - it's brilliant. So much easier and waaay faster than my manual one. Just remember to dust the fondant/gumpaste well with powdered sugar or corn starch before you feed it through, or it will stick and have a bumpy surface.

chocaholikk Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 9:42pm
post #3 of 11

AI dont have a kitchen aid I have an andrew james stand mixer its brilliant...I will check to see if it has an attachment thanks for your reply hun xx

rbcakes Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 11

AYou're welcome :)

Marielijah Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 10:53pm
post #5 of 11

I have a KitchenAid with the attachment pasta roller.  Best investment next to my Agbay and The Mat...

cazza1 Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 2:12am
post #6 of 11

One of the best things I ever did was update from a hand rolled pasta maker to an electric one. Soooooo much easier having two hands to control the icing (or pasta) when it is coming out.  And yes, I multitask and still make pasta with it as well, though it does get used for icing more.

chocaholikk Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 2:26am
post #7 of 11

AIm getting an agbay too cant wait!! Woohoo

What make is ur electic pasta roller if u dint mind me asking? Id rather buy ine I know is reliable

thanks everyone xx

cazza1 Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 11:09am
post #8 of 11

I have a Marcato and would highly recommend it.  It's also more portable than having an attachment on a mix master.  I think it might even have a crank handle for if the power is out but I wouldn't swear to it.  I also LOVE my Agbay. Even my non cake making breakfast guests love my Agbay. (O.K. I'm weird but I had to demonstrate it to my friends).

cakefat Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 12:59pm
post #9 of 11

I used to have a Marcato (manual w/ the crank) -great little machine- but I sold it and got the KA attachment...no comparison-so much easier with the KA. Love it!! But I also make my own pasta so I use it for that as well. 

cupadeecakes Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 1:04pm
post #10 of 11

I have this pasta roller and I love it!  The only thing I have found is that if you want the fondant really thin you need to feed it through a few times, changing the seting to thinner and thinner each time.

http://amzn.com/B001V5JAA4

chocaholikk Posted 25 Apr 2014 , 5:21pm
post #11 of 11

AThank you so much for your replies! Really appreciate it xxx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%