Ok, Who Made All Those Cakes?!

Lounge By AZCouture Updated 24 Apr 2014 , 2:47pm by shanter

AZCouture Posted 21 Apr 2014 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 36

AI know they're pretty basic, nothing "wowee" about them, but how fun would that have been?!:D [URL=

] It's a music video for a song called "Still into You" by Paramore, in case the link is wonky.

35 replies
MBalaska Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 12:27am
post #2 of 36

even basic is nice when you're surrounded by CAKE

AZCouture Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 12:28am
post #3 of 36

AYeah, I mean they are pretty, pretty and fun looking, and there are a LOT of them!

MBalaska Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 12:49am
post #4 of 36

the singer could have made the music video in your shop !!  That would have really been rockin' :party:

howsweet Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 1:57am
post #5 of 36

AHaha! I don't know, but that girl has sure learned to sing over the years hasn't she?

DeliciousDesserts Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 5:28pm
post #6 of 36

ALoL!! You Know some poor sap got roped into donating all those cakes for the "publicity" of being in the video!

MimiFix Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 5:53pm
post #7 of 36

But look at all the business it'll bring in! 

AZCouture Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 6:11pm
post #8 of 36

A

Original message sent by DeliciousDesserts

LoL!! You Know some poor sap got roped into donating all those cakes for the "publicity" of being in the video!

Probably! I'd be showing that off for yeaaaaars though. Too cute.

MBalaska Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 6:17pm
post #9 of 36

But you're right, no one knows who made the cakes.   FREE PUBLICITY.  :?   There's probably 10 people taking credit for it........it's Hollywood.

AZCouture Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 6:47pm
post #10 of 36

AI was contacted by a higher end department store a couple months ago to make a cake for a makeup and bridal event they were having, flowery Spring theme. They couldn't pay me (idk why), but wanted to know if a basket of makeup and beauty products was a fair trade. Sure, why not. Little dummy cake with flowers and painting, that I could work ahead on, drop off for the day with some cards, get nice pics for my portfolio, AND get a nice basket if expensive stuff...sure! Why not!

Ohhhh no, too good to be true. I got a call a couple weeks ago from the coordinator (previously made arrangements with HER assistant). Apparently assistant left out the part of needing a REAL cake. For 200 people. Covered in sugar flowers and painting or whatever I was going to do. In exchange for a basket of makeup. Needless to say, I fell on the sword and apologized for the mixup in communication, and there was no way I could donate a cake that large. I was curious and asked what they did in past years, and they said the person that normally did the cake wasn't available. So I asked if that person really donated a thousand or more dollars worth of decorated cake to this event...and she said yes. Unbelievable. Free publicity? Not that hard up! Yikes!

shanter Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 8:14pm
post #11 of 36

8-O

AZCouture Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 9:15pm
post #12 of 36

ARight?!

bilbo Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 9:21pm
post #13 of 36

Wow - that better be some amazing makeup.

AZCouture Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 9:26pm
post #14 of 36

Even if I had free reign at the Chanel counter, it wouldn't be worth it. :D 

IAmPamCakes Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 9:45pm
post #15 of 36

ASomebody else actually did the cake?! I wonder how much business they got from it?!

cakesbycathy Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 2:41pm
post #16 of 36

I bet NONE, which is why the previous decorator was now unable to do it :wink:

MBalaska Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 7:10pm
post #17 of 36

Shanter.........You got a new HAIRDO.....and lost your hat  :P    did the sight of all of those cakes put you over the edge????

Crazy-Gray Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 7:48pm
post #18 of 36

A

Original message sent by MBalaska

[B]Shanter.........[/B]You got a new HAIRDO.....and lost your hat  :P     did the sight of all of those cakes put you over the edge????

... I'm not entirely sure she was this side of the edge in the first place :-) tee hee

AZCouture Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 7:53pm
post #19 of 36

A

Original message sent by cakesbycathy

I bet NONE, which is why the previous decorator was now unable to do it :wink:

Ding ding ding, cathy for the win.:judge:

Truth be told, there probably never [B]was[/B] a previous decorator. Something of that scale, I would have seen it or been asked if I saw it, or someone would have posted pictures...it's just too small of a community for something like that to slip by unnoticed by another decorator. We all talk to each other, most of us. So more than likely, she served sheet cakes from the one brick and mortar bakery here.

MimiFix Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 8:20pm
post #20 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy-Gray 
... I'm not entirely sure she was this side of the edge in the first place icon_smile.gif tee hee

Are you referring to this Shanter?

LL 

Crazy-Gray Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 8:48pm
post #21 of 36

AHa ha ha ha nightmares!! Right before I crawl into my bed too!

Love it :-)

AZCouture Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 8:50pm
post #22 of 36

AI [B]NEED[/B] a fanged hamster.

shanter Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 8:53pm
post #23 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

Shanter.........You got a new HAIRDO.....and lost your hat  :P    did the sight of all of those cakes put you over the edge????

I think it was mhcl's selfie and her claiming to be related to me. I mean, she's really nice, but the possibility of a resemblance has given me a nervous breakdown.

shanter Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 8:56pm
post #24 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 

I NEED a fanged hamster.

I'm searching "frequent flyer miles to Yuma." Be right there if I can.  :lol:

AZCouture Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 9:58pm
post #25 of 36

A

Original message sent by shanter

I'm searching "frequent flyer miles to Yuma." Be right there if I can.  :lol:

Woo hoo!

shanter Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 10:23pm
post #26 of 36

You didn't mean you needed a fanged hamster for ....... lunch..... did you? We're kinda stringy, with lots of fat.

AZCouture Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 10:25pm
post #27 of 36

AHow's about several on a stick? Hamsterbobs?

mhcl Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 12:22am
post #28 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanter 

I think it was mhcl's selfie and her claiming to be related to me. I mean, she's really nice, but the possibility of a resemblance has given me a nervous breakdown.

Whoa! To be fair I had just washed my face for the night...

Behold...the power of makeup!

MBalaska Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 12:44am
post #29 of 36

Oh that's the secret.......just a wash and a touch up.:)

shanter Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 1:01am
post #30 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhcl 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanter 

Whoa! To be fair I had just washed my face for the night...

Behold...the power of makeup!

Wow, you're a cutie when you clean up. I claim you as sibling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%