Decorating By Tasmin anne Updated 21 Apr 2014 , 7:38pm by Tasmin anne

Tasmin anne Posted 21 Apr 2014 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 4

AWhat is the wire called that cake decoratorss use on cake when they attach fondant balls to the end and then stick the other end into the cake to make it look like the balls are in mid air ? Also where do I get some? Help

3 replies
LizzieAylett Posted 21 Apr 2014 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 4

Florists wire?  You can get it from Ebay, Amazon, etc.  It comes in different thicknesses or "gauges" so for your example you'd want a thicker wire which is a lower number gauge.

shanter Posted 21 Apr 2014 , 6:24pm
post #3 of 4

It is not recommended that you stick florist wire directly into a cake; it is not meant to be food-safe. First insert a tiny straw (such as a plastic hollow coffee stir stick, plug the end with some white chocolate, and stick the wire into that.


Alternatively, you can use food-safe stainless steel wire, such as that used for dental braces.

Tasmin anne Posted 21 Apr 2014 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 4

AThank you :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%