What Kind Of Cake Flour Do You Use?

Decorating By Gerle Updated 19 Apr 2014 , 5:49am by Rfisher

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 19 Apr 2014 , 3:45am
post #1 of 4

I'm starting to run low on cake flour and will need to purchase some more.  The only brand I've seen in stores around here is Soft A Silk (I think that's what it's called).  I don't have any complaints about it.  I order several other ingredients from King Arthur Flour via the internet and I buy their unbleached all purpose and their bread flour at Raley's.  I was wondering if anyone has ever used their cake flour and what your thoughts on it are.  I've heard of a couple other brands, but I haven't seen them in any of the grocery stores here.  Is it worth purchasing on the internet and having shipped to me, or should I just stick with my current brand?

3 replies
morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 19 Apr 2014 , 4:25am
post #2 of 4

AI use Swans Down, but that's just because that's what's available here. I've heard good things about Soft a Silk. I say if it ain't broke don't fix it. If you're happy with your current cake flour I would stick with it

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 19 Apr 2014 , 4:31am
post #3 of 4

That's what I was thinking, too, Morgan, but since I do purchase from KAF, I was just wondering what their cake flour was like and whether or not I should try it with my next order from them.  Not changing definitely eliminates problems that could crop up changing my regular products, though.

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 19 Apr 2014 , 5:49am
post #4 of 4

AOn King Arthur products, for me, their bleached Queen G cake flour, yes. Their unbleached cake [I]blend[/I], no. I also like using White Lilly for cake flour. But I also use SwansDown and Softasilk, too. I'm fickle I guess.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%