Ideas For A High School Cake Club

Lounge By funkyomar788 Updated 20 Apr 2014 , 12:22am by craftybanana

funkyomar788 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funkyomar788 Posted 18 Apr 2014 , 5:03am
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone !

My name is Omar, a seventeen year old junior in high school, and I need some advice. I was thinking it would be grand if I could start a cake or cupcake decorating club my senior year. The problem is I have no clue as to how it would be run, how money for materials should be obtained(  I was thinking about a monthly club fee), where the meetings would be held, and if we should raise money for an organization or just focus solely on decorating for building skill.

I was thinking that the club should be oriented around building up skill rather than fundraising for an organization. It would almost be like a class.
I really want to share the world of cake decorating with all my peers at school because it's something that makes me happy and I would love to make them happy as well !

I would love to hear any thoughts, advice, or comments. Any and ALL help is appreciated.

Thank you for your time !

:-D 

3 replies
mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 18 Apr 2014 , 5:36am
post #2 of 4

A

Original message sent by funkyomar788

Hello everyone !

My name is Omar, a seventeen year old junior in high school, and I need some advice. I was thinking it would be grand if I could start a cake or cupcake decorating club my senior year. The problem is I have no clue as to how it would be run, how money for materials should be obtained(  I was thinking about a monthly club fee), where the meetings would be held, and if we should raise money for an organization or just focus solely on decorating for building skill.

I was thinking that the club should be oriented around building up skill rather than fundraising for an organization. It would almost be like a class.

I really want to share the world of cake decorating with all my peers at school because it's something that makes me happy and I would love to make them happy as well !

I would love to hear any thoughts, advice, or comments. Any and ALL help is appreciated.

Thank you for your time !

:D  

I'm sorry but i don't have any advice for you but i just wanted to say that that's an AWESOME idea! And if i was a student in your school i would definitely join your club! Good luck! :)

ladydilee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladydilee Posted 19 Apr 2014 , 3:56am
post #3 of 4

Most schools will have rules and regulations about how to start a club, how you can raise money, how much you can have, what it can be used for, etc. To start with, you will probably need a teacher sponsor. Open a dialogue with your administrators to see what would be needed. If you have a home-ecs department in your school, I would start looking there for sponsors.

craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 20 Apr 2014 , 12:21am
post #4 of 4

Don't forget to talk to your Student Government or equivalent. They will have rules to follow and sometimes your start up money with come from them. In college, that's how we did it with clubs. We needed a teacher sponsor, plus a certain number of interested students on a sign up form, and we had to have a proposed budget, how we would get funding or if we would be requesting funds, etc etc. It was fun being in a club. Get ready to play politics as well, depending on your school, lols. Those days were a lot of fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%