Sugar Dress Issues

Decorating By persephone613 Updated 17 Apr 2014 , 4:37pm by CCCTina

persephone613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
persephone613 Posted 17 Apr 2014 , 11:05am
post #1 of 2

Has anyone ever had issues with sugar dress? I have tried the recipe 3 times now and have let it set in the mold at least 8 hours each time yet it is still sticky and won't come out of the mold. I've also tried the oven method and still no luck. Should I possibly wait even longer for the drying time? Thanks!

1 reply
CCCTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCCTina Posted 17 Apr 2014 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 2

I tried it for the first time two nights ago.  It did not dry in the time stated in the directions for me either.  However it had been raining all day, so the humidity was probably very high.  I filled 3 different lace molds, put them in the oven for 10 min at 170F, let them sit at room temperature a few minutes until cool, applied a second coat, and put them in the oven again for 10 minutes.  Once they cooled the second time, they were still tacky in areas.  I let them sit until the next morning, then they were fine to take out of the molds.  Granted I have only used it once, but the difference between them being wet and dry is noticeable.  The shine disappeared when the lace was ready to be removed. Once it was dry, the lace removed beautifully.  I did have a few areas of breakage in the more delicate parts of the mold, so take the lace out very slowly.  I would suggest extending your time in the oven a little longer and then let them sit overnight (or 8+ hours) so you can see what they look like when totally dry.  Then you can play around with drying them more quickly.  Keep trying.  It is a great product! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%