AlamoSweets Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 5:03am
post #1 of

Just wanted to say thank you for all your prayers and good thoughts. My husband, as I posted a couple of weeks ago, had to have a double by-pass done on the 9th. He went in to see the doctor initially because he didn't feel well. Blood work indicated that he was diabetic. He has a family history of heart attacks (3 male members of his family at age 56). My husband turned 56 this year so it has been on his mind. We have had friends that have had by-pass surgery and mentioned the only way they found out they needed it was to have a stress test run. Our General doctor had run an EKG and it showed absolutely nothing was wrong. After much insistance on my husband's part he ordered a stress test. While doing the test the cardiologist asked him why he was there because they couldn't even get his blood pressure up on the treadmill. He has always had low blood pressure. We got a call from the cardiologist the next morning telling us to come in right away because a blockage was found. The next morning an angiogram was ordered and he found out that he was literally close to having a massive heart attack! They chose not to put stints in because one blockage was in the main artery and the location would have made it impossible to have a by-pass later on if he needed it. The next possible opportunity was scheduled and when they went in they found 100% blockage of the main artery in the back of the heart and one blockage in the front. The diabetes had kept him from having any symptoms! NONE! All of this happened in a 3 week period. We had so many people praying for him and he has recovered in record time. He was at home on the 3rd day after surgery watching tv. The surgeon said he had never had anyone recover so fast. He has already gone back to work half days and I drive him everywhere.

Before they took him into surgery the family all came in to say goodbye. He was so upset and crying non stop. Even the surgeon said he was worried because he was so emotional. Three days ago my husband told me that he had made a deal with God and he truly felt he was saying goodbye for good to all of us. My Grandaughter (3 years old) has been having symptoms of seizures. He was so worried about her he asked God to take him instead of having her go through something serious. I told him that goes to show you shouldn't make deals with God and evidently it wasn't needed anyway. Her tests showed today that she has vertigo and migraines.

Sorry this is so long. I came to this site a long time ago looking for examples of cakes. I got to know a lot of you from your posts. When my nephew was so sick and later died you all sent prayers and thoughts. Again, the power of prayers has helped me again. This is so much more than a cake site.

Love to all!

8 replies
gailsgoodies Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 5:17am
post #2 of

I'm so happy things turned out well for you and your husband! I agree with you, this is MUCH more than a cake site, everyone feels like a friend!

veejaytx Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 5:32am
post #3 of

Hi Alamosweets, that is such wonderful news that your DH is doing so well. You are so right about the members of this website, they are right there when you need them, prayers in abundance, and good wishes all over the place!

Good news about your granddaughter too, your family must be walking on clouds! Good for you!
Janice

Ohara Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 12:57pm
post #4 of

Great news!! Your right there is amazing power in prayer.
You have had a rough road for a while....take care of yourself.

mkolmar Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 11:02pm
post #5 of

I'm so happy for you and your family right now. I've been wondering how ya'll were doing. God is truely amazing!

neni Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 8:46am
post #6 of

I am so happy to hear that your husband is doing well. And your granddaughter great news as well. Hopefully everything will keep going well for you and your family!

stephanie214 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 9:40pm
post #7 of

Hi AlamoS,

Wow, I am so happy for your family. Yes, miracles do happen...your husband and granddaughter are proof of that.

Please continue to keep us posted.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 7:58pm
post #8 of

Hi Alamo,

I am so glad to hear that your DH and granddaughter are doing well.

Vicki

CheriN Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 8:26am
post #9 of

God is Good! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%